The Student Room Group

reading festival 2019

I'm going to a reading festival this summer(2019) but my mates ended up bailing on me and I was the only one who had brought a ticket and really want to go because the line up is soo good but don't want to go alone. are there any tips out there or any other lone campers that wanna go together

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey I’m litreally in the same situation! My friends have decided they want to go to board masters instead of reading but I was the only one that brought my reading ticket but the line up looks soo good that I wouldn’t wan to miss it! I would totally be up to linking up with a few more people and going together :smile:
Original post by Ollyw
Hey I’m litreally in the same situation! My friends have decided they want to go to board masters instead of reading but I was the only one that brought my reading ticket but the line up looks soo good that I wouldn’t wan to miss it! I would totally be up to linking up with a few more people and going together :smile:

sure thing if you want to get a slightly larger group together would be happy to go with ya just dm me your insta coz its much easier to talk bout it on there
I am in exactly the same position, it’s unfortunate that reading and creamfields are on the same weekend so I am looking to go to reading for the Friday and then come back for creamfields the Saturday and Sunday. I keep thinking to myself it’s weird to go by myself but know there’s others in the same position😂
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
you could always refund, and join the volunteers that go? All the volunteers tend to go solo, that's what i'm doing so i'm going to know no one, but still looking forward to it :smile:
Reply 5
I’m in the same boat unfortunately :frown: sucks, if you do discover any tips please share 😂
Who is it you want to go and see?? I am going to go just for the Friday I think because I’m going creamfields the Saturday sundaub
Reply 7
Mainly 1975 and Hayley Kiyoko ( I think that’s Friday)
I only wanna go for the 1975😂 they’re me favourite band
hey, im in the same situation aswell! none of my friends want to go but i want to buy a weekend ticket. If you guys still wanna meet up that would be great :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Do you have Instagram??
Reply 11
I could create a groupchat if you link facebook?
hey! Did you guys end up making a chat? I’m in same situation, want to buy weekend ticket and no one wants to go !
Man, the Reading Festival sounds so great until you find out it's about music, not reading books
Also in the same boat but thinking of volunteering
Reply 15
If you put your instagram handles/facebook I will make a chat as there is a few of us now
Think I might pass on this, I’ve looked up and some of you are junior members and I would rather people be closer to my age. I’m 21 you see so a little bit older-have fun though whoever ends up going.
Reply 17
I’m 22 and really wanna go to reading this year but none of my friends wanna go! If anyone is up for joining up let me know pls
Reply 18
What sort of books do you get to read there?
Reply 19
Do you get to keep the books with you after reading them at the festival?

Quick Reply

Latest