The Student Room Group

Crown Prosecution Legal Trainee Scheme 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Unsuccessful. I knew it...

Congratulations to those who got through!

Does anyone remember the two questions they asked for the VI? I only vaguely remember the questions. I was hoping to keep a note of them for next year in the event I do not get pupillage with any of the Chambers I interviewed at.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 121
Great advice! Thanks very much!

Anyone know if the VI questions were the same as last year?
Yes they were
Original post by Snookered
Great advice! Thanks very much!

Anyone know if the VI questions were the same as last year?
The invite to the next stage asked to email them to confirm you understood what is required by today. I emailed a few days ago and have not heard anything back. Conscious the deadline is today to let them know, has anyone heard anything back?

Considering calling them just to be safe...
Reply 124
I also haven’t had any response and sent mine on Monday, but in the pack it says that people who have confirmed will be sent an invitation on Thursday, so I wouldn’t panic just yet

Original post by CheeseLaw
The invite to the next stage asked to email them to confirm you understood what is required by today. I emailed a few days ago and have not heard anything back. Conscious the deadline is today to let them know, has anyone heard anything back?

I emailed them on Saturday and I have not heard anything yet, so to reiterate what LDLaw stated, I’m just waiting it out - hopefully we’ll get a response today.
Received the email confirmation today. Good luck all.
Original post by LDLaw
I also haven’t had any response and sent mine on Monday, but in the pack it says that people who have confirmed will be sent an invitation on Thursday, so I wouldn’t panic just yet

Original post by Delphicyute
I emailed them on Saturday and I have not heard anything yet, so to reiterate what LDLaw stated, I’m just waiting it out - hopefully we’ll get a response today.
Hi all, I’ve just submitted my responses for the legal assessment. Has anyone else submitted theirs? What are general thoughts in relation to performances?
Reply 128
Hi, I did mine today as well. I found it challenging with the 60 minutes for writing but happy with what I produced. Have you received a confirmation that you have submitted your assessment?
Hey what did yous have to do within 1 hour?
Original post by Kbo123
Hi, I did mine today as well. I found it challenging with the 60 minutes for writing but happy with what I produced. Have you received a confirmation that you have submitted your assessment?
Original post by Kbo123

Also, check your junk mail, that's where my confirmation email was.
Just wondering, was the scenario question based on a specific case, which was the setup for last year's recruitment process.

Don't worry, im not asking for details of which case. Im just aware that the CPS based their question on a specific case lasr year and it seemed if you didnt recognise that you reduced your chances of passing.
(edited 5 years ago)
Just finished mine, think I did ok but ran out of time so didn't get the chance to proof read :frown:

Does anyone know if your recording of the video part is automatically saved when the time runs out?
(edited 5 years ago)
Whatever you recorded before the time ran out, should automatically be saved.
Now deadline has passed, how did everyone find it? Didn't think the law was difficult but struggled to say more than how the general principles would be applied given the case facts were identical to R v TL [2018]. Through in some of the Code but couldn't get far regarding public interest

Also I ran out of time so I have no idea how many typos I made
I argued what was argued by the CoA judges in their judgment of R v TL saying how this is not an example of an abuse of process because X, Y and Z.

It wasn't so bad. Time was an issue for me too, although my biggest concern is the video interview. I really waffled away so feel that may have let me down.

How did you find the interview part?
Original post by TempestLaw
Now deadline has passed, how did everyone find it? Didn't think the law was difficult but struggled to say more than how the general principles would be applied given the case facts were identical to R v TL [2018]. Through in some of the Code but couldn't get far regarding public interest

Also I ran out of time so I have no idea how many typos I made
I argued what was argued by the CoA judges in their judgment of R v TL saying how this is not an example of an abuse of process because X, Y and Z.

It wasn't so bad. Time was an issue for me too, although my biggest concern is the video interview. I really waffled away so feel that may have let me down.

How did you find the interview part?

I did the same re x y z, namely police doing the same thing wouldn't amount to abuse because suspect did most of the leading etc

I agree re the interview, I tried to structure it but went all over the place. Really worried about the written part as I didn't have chance to proof read, I just corrected as many spelling mistakes noted by my chrome spell checker as possible before time ran out. Would have liked to have read my work
Invites are out!
Reply 138
Did the status of your application on the civil service jobs portal change?
Original post by Suulivia
Invites are out!
I haven't looked yet. I got an email.
Original post by LDLaw
Did the status of your application on the civil service jobs portal change?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending