The Student Room Group

Casework Assistant CPS

Hi,
I applied for the Casework Assistant role at CPS a few days ago, has anyone else? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,
I've also applied for the same role, how did you find the application process? I came here wondering how long we'll have to wait to find out if we're through to interview! 🙂
Reply 2
It was alright, took a day and a half.. in the end i just submitted it after checking it twice. how about you
Reply 3
Original post by sophieee789
It was alright, took a day and a half.. in the end i just submitted it after checking it twice. how about you

Yeah it wasn't too bad, I just submitted it in the end as I was overthinking it. Just wondering when we're going to hear anything, mine changed to 'application being reviewed' on the 22nd but nothing since.
Reply 4
Hope you hear back soon! No I haven’t had any changes either, but I think even if we’re rejected we will be told
is this the 331576 role at CPS?
Reply 6
Original post by Annjosephine
is this the 331576 role at CPS?

im not sure what the reference number is but the it's the casework assistant role at the crown prosecution service
Reply 7
and yes, i got rejected
ah sorry to hear that.
I got rejected too.
Reply 9
ah sorry to hear that.
I got rejected too.

it's alright. sorry to hear that for you too, would've been a good opportunity.
they have a paralegal role out now :smile:
Good luck if you go for it :-).
I'm already on a reserve list for a previous CPS role as a Caseworker. I really don't understand their recruitment processes.
Reply 11
Good luck if you go for it :-).
I'm already on a reserve list for a previous CPS role as a Caseworker. I really don't understand their recruitment processes.

Thank you, I will!
Wow that's amazing, and strange you didn't get past this stage. It's very long winded for a low paid job,.
Original post by sophieee789
Thank you, I will!
Wow that's amazing, and strange you didn't get past this stage. It's very long winded for a low paid job,.

I've been on the waiting list for nearly a year!
I don't expect to get offered anything through that route hence this most recent application.
it's all very odd.
Good luck with the paralegal role. hopefully things are more straightforward:-)
Reply 13
Anyone else got an interview coming up? How are you guys preparing?
not me but good luck. Just memorise your behaviours and you'll be fine .
Original post by tom1127
Anyone else got an interview coming up? How are you guys preparing?
Have you heard back from your interview yet? I'm still waiting
Reply 16
Original post by jasminethornell
Have you heard back from your interview yet? I'm still waiting
Hi @jasminethornell, great to hear you've applied for our casework assistant role :smile:

Interviews are still ongoing, we're hoping to have all offers sent out by the end of next week. You might also be interested in our paralegal assistant campaign launching 26 March 2024 - you can find out more here Apply to become a paralegal assistant | The Crown Prosecution Service (cps.gov.uk)

Best of luck!
Jade - CPS recruitment team
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by JadeCPS
Hi @jasminethornell, great to hear you've applied for our casework assistant role :smile:
Interviews are still ongoing, we're hoping to have all offers sent out by the end of next week. You might also be interested in our paralegal assistant campaign launching 26 March 2024 - you can find out more here Apply to become a paralegal assistant | The Crown Prosecution Service (cps.gov.uk)
Best of luck!

Hi Jess,

I've received an email saying that I met the required standard but am being placed on a waiting list.

As we had to select multiple options for locations, am I being placed on a waiting list for all of them or only my first choice? From your experience, how does this process work?

Any help would be appreciated!
Reply 18
Original post by Alejandro5648
Hi Jess,
I've received an email saying that I met the required standard but am being placed on a waiting list.
As we had to select multiple options for locations, am I being placed on a waiting list for all of them or only my first choice? From your experience, how does this process work?

Hi @Alejandro5648 ,

Congratulations on your successful application! You're placed on the reserve list for the area you interviewed with - for example in the north west area, you could be offered a role in offices based in Manchester, Preston or Carlisle.

If you respond to our early careers team through the email you've received, they'll be happy to confirm which area you're on the reserve list for 🙂

(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Alejandro5648
Hi Jess,

where did you apply for? what location?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending