The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I didn't find the paper too bad.

For the increasing function of x I got -2<x<2
Reply 2
Hmmm ahh well we were both on the right lines, some people got the same as you in my college and some got the same as me. Do you know the area of the segment did you use 1/2 x b x c SinA then subtract that from the area of the sector? Did you also get 4 values for theta??
Damn, area of a triangle, crap, got that wrong too!! I definitely didn't do that :s-smilie:. Dammit!

Marks going here there and everywhere :s-smilie:.
purple-girl
Damn, area of a triangle, crap, got that wrong too!! I definitely didn't do that :s-smilie:. Dammit!

Marks going here there and everywhere :s-smilie:.

If you did 12r2(θsinθ)\dfrac{1}{2}r^2(\theta - \sin \theta) then that's valid too.
actually...for the triangle I did the basic (axb)/2 :s-smilie:. What an idiot I am :s-smilie:.
Reply 6
purple-girl
actually...for the triangle I did the basic (axb)/2 :s-smilie:. What an idiot I am :s-smilie:.

The angle was very close to 90 degrees (91.1?) so you won't have been too far off
Reply 7
for the values for x is increasing function i got x>2 or somthin....what did every1 else get?
Reply 8
wat did u guys get for the lsat question regarding arthemetic n geometric preogressions?
Reply 9
abbs_aly
wat did u guys get for the lsat question regarding arthemetic n geometric preogressions?

i got a = -11 and d=111 or the other way round
speedystef
Hey guys what did you think of the paper today???? I thought that it was quite challenging. What did everyone get for the increasin function of x question i had lik 4>x>-4 or something like that!

OPsss i think i put 0>x and x>6

i think the question was when y= 6x-(x^2) is and increasing interger
Well... considering I got 100% on C1 and FP1, and I think I got everything right today... hopefully that's another 100% for me :biggrin:
Reply 12
Heh, confidence. ;p

For the function one, I had 2<x<2-2 < x < 2

For the arithmetic progression one:

Was that the one where Sn (n=10) = 120 and the 11th term was 1?

For that one, I had a = 21 and d = -2 I think.
Reply 13
Oh, and Hey Stef

:p:
Jc1990
Heh, confidence. ;p

For the function one, I had 2<x<2-2 < x < 2

For the arithmetic progression one:

Was that the one where Sn (n=10) = 120 and the 11th term was 1?

For that one, I had a = 21 and d = -2 I think.

Yes, you are right on both counts.

-2 < x < 2

and d= -2, a = 21 (though I believed it asked for the fourth term: 15)
Reply 15
Deipnosophist123
Yes, you are right on both counts.

-2 < x < 2

and d= -2, a = 21 (though I believed it asked for the fourth term: 15)

Booo yahhh! Yeah, I remember writing the 4th term, that's alright.

You know the graph one, did anyone else have 90, 120, 240, 270? I got the values of them from a quadratic which were

Unparseable latex formula:

- \frac 1\sqrt2

and 00. I can't quite remember what the equation was, but my friends had a little dispute over it yesterday. I didn't really want to talk about it because they are usually correct, but I want to know now :tongue:
Reply 16
I had the exact same answers as you JC 90 270 120 240 :P They sound fairly right :P

I also had 15 as my 4th term :P
Reply 17
speedystef
I had the exact same answers as you JC 90 270 120 240 :P They sound fairly right :P

I also had 15 as my 4th term :P

Tidy, I can be a bit more confident that that's a few marks in the bag then! :biggrin:
Reply 18
Btw Craig did the exam in the end in a room on his own :P He would have aced C1 :P. Yer the area of the segment one was really tricky, I got like 10.8cm^2 :s-smilie:. Also didn't like the approximation of the gradient, I got like 6 in the end :s-smilie:
Reply 19
speedystef
Btw Craig did the exam in the end in a room on his own :P He would have aced C1 :P. Yer the area of the segment one was really tricky, I got like 10.8cm^2 :s-smilie:. Also didn't like the approximation of the gradient, I got like 6 in the end :s-smilie:

I got 10.8 for the segment to :smile: For the gradient one, I think I said it was around about 6 for the 3 - 3.1 measurement - 5.75 ish seems to ring a bell. For the gradient with a smaller amount, I had slightly lower, it was about 5.6. :tongue:

Latest