What’s your monthly phone bill? Watch

username4466608
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Im on a sim only contract on ee. £12 a month for 10gb data and unlimited calls and texts.

I still feel guilty like this is too expensive? I dont even need this much data. Maybe i could get like an £8 a month deal for like 4gb data?!
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Certainty)
Im on a sim only contract on ee. £12 a month for 10gb data and unlimited calls and texts.

I still feel guilty like this is too expensive? I dont even need this much data. Maybe i could get like an £8 a month deal for like 4gb data?!
£8 a month.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username4466608
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
£8 a month.
What do you get on your plan?

And do you think ive got myself a good deal?
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What do you get on your plan?

And do you think ive got myself a good deal?
3gb data, unlimited texts and 1500 minutes.

Considering you think you can be happy with 4gb, no you don't have a good deal. Why pay for that much data if you don't use it? Better off getting something cheaper that you're actually using.
username4466608
Rep:
?
3gb data, unlimited texts and 1500 minutes.

Considering you think you can be happy with 4gb, no you don't have a good deal. Why pay for that much data if you don't use it? Better off getting something cheaper that you're actually using.
Im within the first 14 days of my contract. Should i change it 🤔
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Im within the first 14 days of my contract. Should i change it 🤔
I would if I were you.
username4507356
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m on giffgaff. I’m not sure if this will be of much help to you since you’re on a contract, because giffgaff is pay as you go, but with £7.50 I get unlimited texts and calls and two gigs of data, and the data goes up to 3 at 10 pounds and sometimes they add an extra gig of data for good measure. 2-3 gigs of data lasts me a while, even though I commute to uni everyday and it’s a hell of a long journey. Just my two cents!
username4466608
Rep:
?
(Original post by blablabla1321)
I’m on giffgaff. I’m not sure if this will be of much help to you since you’re on a contract, because giffgaff is pay as you go, but with £7.50 I get unlimited texts and calls and two gigs of data, and the data goes up to 3 at 10 pounds and sometimes they add an extra gig of data for good measure. 2-3 gigs of data lasts me a while, even though I commute to uni everyday and it’s a hell of a long journey. Just my two cents!
Nice

do your allowances get reset after like 30 days?

and what happens if you dont top up after 30 days?
dannitt69
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Mine's £82 per month. EE with 21 GB data. However, my phones under contract too, hence the huge price ( and given that its EE who charge extortionate prices).

If you find the data is too much for you, then down size.
username4466608
Rep:
?
I would if I were you.
Is it worth the hassle just to save like 3-4 pounds a month?

maybe the 10 gigs could come in use in an emergency situation. Like when my home broadband fails me
FantasticMsFox
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Virgin Mobile SIM only contract. £9 a month for 5GB data, 2500 minutes and unlimited texts. Data rollover included.
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Is it worth the hassle just to save like 3-4 pounds a month?

maybe the 10 gigs could come in use in an emergency situation. Like when my home broadband fails me
That's up to you to decide. You could always keep it for a few months and see how much data you use and then decide later if you want to switch to a cheaper one.
lavender_rose
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

£7.50 monthly, 2gb data unlimited calls and texts. I have only just swapped from pay as you go to Smarty (they are a new company so I'm trying them out). I was spending about £10 previously on just calls/texts so I am getting more value for money this way. I hardly use data, I have relied on wifi for so long I doubt I will need any more than 2gb.

Which company is offering the £8 deal?
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
PAYG and it took me a couple of months to use up £10.
Acsel
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
£21 for a SIM only plan with EE. Unlimited calls and texts, 12GB of data.

Personally I'm happy with that. Some would say I can get a cheaper deal by switching to one of the cheaper providers. But I've never had a single problem with EEs services and if it ain't broke...

Saving another £10 wouldn't be insignificant, but as far as I'm concerned this is already quite cheap for what I'm getting. Not to mention, I'd have concerns about how anyone were offering something cheaper, especially if they were renting infrastructure from someone like EE to begin with.
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by dannitt69)
Mine's £82 per month. EE with 21 GB data. However, my phones under contract too, hence the huge price ( and given that its EE who charge extortionate prices).
Crikey.
frostfly
  • Community Assistant
Report 4 weeks ago
£10 with Three, which includes unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 8GB of data.
AzureCeleste
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think it also depends on how many of your text and calls you use. Personally I use virtually none of mine as there are now so many services which allow you to call and message using wifi.
I spend less than £20 a year and am on pay as you go.
Showell2019
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m on an EE £1 a week deal. I get like 600mb, 35 texts, 10 min call time a week. Like it’s not great but every 6months I can add on stuff, so I usually add 50mb. But for texting I usually just use iMessage or WhatsApp or it’s free
Ninomi
Report 4 weeks ago
£22.79 with O2. Unlimited calls and texts, 4GB data. It was £18 but it’s gone up a lot with inflation.

I’m about to change network though so it should be £10 a month.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (96)
16.64%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (61)
10.57%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (101)
17.5%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (88)
15.25%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (58)
10.05%
How can I be the best version of myself? (173)
29.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed