The Student Room Group

What’s your monthly phone bill?

Im on a sim only contract on ee. £12 a month for 10gb data and unlimited calls and texts.

I still feel guilty like this is too expensive? I dont even need this much data. Maybe i could get like an £8 a month deal for like 4gb data?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Certainty
Im on a sim only contract on ee. £12 a month for 10gb data and unlimited calls and texts.

I still feel guilty like this is too expensive? I dont even need this much data. Maybe i could get like an £8 a month deal for like 4gb data?!

£8 a month.
Original post by DrawTheLine
£8 a month.

What do you get on your plan?

And do you think ive got myself a good deal?
What do you get on your plan?

And do you think ive got myself a good deal?

3gb data, unlimited texts and 1500 minutes.

Considering you think you can be happy with 4gb, no you don't have a good deal. Why pay for that much data if you don't use it? Better off getting something cheaper that you're actually using.
3gb data, unlimited texts and 1500 minutes.

Considering you think you can be happy with 4gb, no you don't have a good deal. Why pay for that much data if you don't use it? Better off getting something cheaper that you're actually using.

Im within the first 14 days of my contract. Should i change it 🤔
Im within the first 14 days of my contract. Should i change it 🤔

I would if I were you.
I’m on giffgaff. I’m not sure if this will be of much help to you since you’re on a contract, because giffgaff is pay as you go, but with £7.50 I get unlimited texts and calls and two gigs of data, and the data goes up to 3 at 10 pounds and sometimes they add an extra gig of data for good measure. 2-3 gigs of data lasts me a while, even though I commute to uni everyday and it’s a hell of a long journey. Just my two cents!
Original post by blablabla1321
I’m on giffgaff. I’m not sure if this will be of much help to you since you’re on a contract, because giffgaff is pay as you go, but with £7.50 I get unlimited texts and calls and two gigs of data, and the data goes up to 3 at 10 pounds and sometimes they add an extra gig of data for good measure. 2-3 gigs of data lasts me a while, even though I commute to uni everyday and it’s a hell of a long journey. Just my two cents!

Nice

do your allowances get reset after like 30 days?

and what happens if you dont top up after 30 days?
Mine's £82 per month. EE with 21 GB data. However, my phones under contract too, hence the huge price ( and given that its EE who charge extortionate prices).

If you find the data is too much for you, then down size.
I would if I were you.

Is it worth the hassle just to save like 3-4 pounds a month?

maybe the 10 gigs could come in use in an emergency situation. Like when my home broadband fails me
Virgin Mobile SIM only contract. £9 a month for 5GB data, 2500 minutes and unlimited texts. Data rollover included.
Is it worth the hassle just to save like 3-4 pounds a month?

maybe the 10 gigs could come in use in an emergency situation. Like when my home broadband fails me

That's up to you to decide. You could always keep it for a few months and see how much data you use and then decide later if you want to switch to a cheaper one.

£7.50 monthly, 2gb data unlimited calls and texts. I have only just swapped from pay as you go to Smarty (they are a new company so I'm trying them out). I was spending about £10 previously on just calls/texts so I am getting more value for money this way. I hardly use data, I have relied on wifi for so long I doubt I will need any more than 2gb.

Which company is offering the £8 deal?
Reply 13
PAYG and it took me a couple of months to use up £10.
Original post by dannitt69
Mine's £82 per month. EE with 21 GB data. However, my phones under contract too, hence the huge price ( and given that its EE who charge extortionate prices).

Crikey.
£10 with Three, which includes unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 8GB of data.
I think it also depends on how many of your text and calls you use. Personally I use virtually none of mine as there are now so many services which allow you to call and message using wifi.
I spend less than £20 a year and am on pay as you go.
I’m on an EE £1 a week deal. I get like 600mb, 35 texts, 10 min call time a week. Like it’s not great but every 6months I can add on stuff, so I usually add 50mb. But for texting I usually just use iMessage or WhatsApp or it’s free
Reply 18
£22.79 with O2. Unlimited calls and texts, 4GB data. It was £18 but it’s gone up a lot with inflation.

I’m about to change network though so it should be £10 a month.

I'm on Smarty, it's variable depending on what you use £6.25 for the first GB and then £1.25 for each subsequent one. They have a referral deal where you get a month free if you refer someone, so I've only had to pay one phone bill in three months. :biggrin:

I don't think MVNOs have any risks behind them, after all they use the same networks underneath. It seems like some of the established networks like to keep people on expensive plans and then release better ones through different brands, whether it be their own MVNO or a supermarket one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending