The Student Room Group

Transitioning from UC TO childcare grant.

Hi, I am hoping I can get some advice.
So basically, I chose to stick with UC.. NOT claiming the childcare grant as I believed it would have worked out better as a single parent of one.

I uploaded my childcare receipt as normal for October and they didn’t generate my statement.

They then informed me this is due to my studies. And asked that I go in to show proof of studies etc.

As soon as I did; my statement generated within half hour and it says 0. Which means I have not be reimbursed the childcare fees. But on the statement, it says it’s been given but the deductions (due to part time work and income, which would be the grant) made it minus.

I have since applied for the childcare grant. Attached all the evidence to this. However, it says on the UC statement my childcare was given, but due to so many reductions I didn’t get anything.

I just want to know where to go from here. I’ve made my application for the grant. The next nursery bill is due on November the first. So I have 2 and a half weeks to get this sorted.

Also, does the grant do monthly fees instead?
Original post by riarnaclachar
Hi, I am hoping I can get some advice.
So basically, I chose to stick with UC.. NOT claiming the childcare grant as I believed it would have worked out better as a single parent of one.

I uploaded my childcare receipt as normal for October and they didn’t generate my statement.

They then informed me this is due to my studies. And asked that I go in to show proof of studies etc.

As soon as I did; my statement generated within half hour and it says 0. Which means I have not be reimbursed the childcare fees. But on the statement, it says it’s been given but the deductions (due to part time work and income, which would be the grant) made it minus.

I have since applied for the childcare grant. Attached all the evidence to this. However, it says on the UC statement my childcare was given, but due to so many reductions I didn’t get anything.

I just want to know where to go from here. I’ve made my application for the grant. The next nursery bill is due on November the first. So I have 2 and a half weeks to get this sorted.

Also, does the grant do monthly fees instead?

Hi there,

Can you please confirm on what date your applied for the Childcare Grant?

If your childcare provider is happy to be paid monthly then that's fine with us. Once you're awarded the grant your childcare provider will make a claim and you then authorise this. So, they can do this monthly if they choose to.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending