The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

technically they should so I wouldn't worry too much - the exam literally states they expect you to attempt every question, and they may see the indent of pen on the paper!
Original post by Jesss_00
Quick question: does the examiner check every page in the exam paper because I left a massive gap between part a which was on one side (the right) and then started part b on the other page (when you turn over) but didn’t indicate that b was on the next page. Is this ok?
wouldn't rely on these boundaries, they're from last year people sitting the exam who didn't know the content
Original post by Anujashar
A*- 73
a- 61
b- 52
c- 42
Think I got about 70, what grade would that be
If they feel like something is missing they check but it should all get scanned.

Original post by Jesss_00
Someone please reply, it’s giving me anxiety!!😩
They did know the content they had more hours of maths in a week then we normally do
Original post by rwesthrop
wouldn't rely on these boundaries, they're from last year people sitting the exam who didn't know the content
but the maths course changed?
Original post by Physics_23
They did know the content they had more hours of maths in a week then we normally do
maybe an A* (depending changes in grade boundaries)
but defo an A

Original post by JordanStewart
The paper was very fair indeed to those who revised for the material and content and have a natural talent for maths, I found the paper easy in my opinion, I managed to complete the paper and check my answers, from the mark scheme all my answers match up, so far I have lost around 8 marks etc

High A
B/C
Original post by LeonDH
I did V=ab^-t, so ended up with V=20,000(1.25)^-t. Do you think I'll get the marks?

Yes
technically they should so I wouldn't worry too much - the exam literally states they expect you to attempt every question, and they may see the indent of pen on the paper!

thank you for replying :smile:

For a lot of people entering further maths, learning single maths in one year is no big deal. There would be some exceptions though.
Original post by FrontOfficeBllr
B/C

Really? Bit low don't you think, I thought it would be a low A if not a high B
Ok cool thanks
Original post by anonymousxxxxyy
maybe an A* (depending changes in grade boundaries)
but defo an A
I got this too!
Original post by monitorlad
For the model I got V = 20000e^-0.233t... Am I supposed to have a ln? XD
[QUOTE="FrontOfficeBllr;83707130"]B/C
Original post by Glycerate
The paper was very fair indeed to those who revised for the material and content and have a natural talent for maths, I found the paper easy in my opinion, I managed to complete the paper and check my answers, from the mark scheme all my answers match up, so far I have lost around 8 marks etc

I got around 88. I got screwed over by the divisibilty by 4 question :frown:
Original post by jon4855
what topics are likely to come up in paper 2 ?

Modulus
Inequalities
differential equations
proof (irrational numbers, infinity and prime)
concave/convex
GEOMETRY CIRCLES
trig proof
integration (more)
differentiation (more)
Sectors
Vectors
Radian Geometry
PARAMETRIC
rcos(alphapheta) stuff
prrof my first principles
trapezium rule
more numerical methods?
Really? Bit low don't you think, I thought it would be a low A if not a high B

That poster is a troll that has been lurking maths threads - don't pay attention to them.
i said sometimes true because it is true when value is positive but not when negative. Is this right?

Original post by MaterialDesign
It is sometimes true since in the interval 9.25<x<9.5 the statement is contradicted
P.S: The values are estimates since I don't remember what they actually are

Latest

Trending

Trending