The Student Room Group

Stupid kid in science!!!

So there's this kid in my three science classes and he's a whiz at all three sciences and he excels in all his subjects then has the ****ing nerve to gloat about it!! He's such an *******!
He's one of the popular boys and I doubt he does revise but somehow gets good marks across all the subjects. He is very good with science because its logic and common sense... and maths too.
So I'm pretty **** at physics - and he sits next to me in it and he doesn't listen. That's why I am so surprised he gets good grades. I think he has a tutor or something because he's just really smart.

It pisses me off, because if he isn't doing any work then he must be naturally clever. But if he is, just behind closed doors, then I can't really complain because he still has to try hard.

The question is : Why the hell wouldn't you just admit it if you did revision?? + Can people be naturally clever??
Original post by JJrevises
So there's this kid in my three science classes and he's a whiz at all three sciences and he excels in all his subjects then has the ****ing nerve to gloat about it!! He's such an *******!
He's one of the popular boys and I doubt he does revise but somehow gets good marks across all the subjects. He is very good with science because its logic and common sense... and maths too.
So I'm pretty **** at physics - and he sits next to me in it and he doesn't listen. That's why I am so surprised he gets good grades. I think he has a tutor or something because he's just really smart.

It pisses me off, because if he isn't doing any work then he must be naturally clever. But if he is, just behind closed doors, then I can't really complain because he still has to try hard.

The question is : Why the hell wouldn't you just admit it if you did revision?? + Can people be naturally clever??

I think it's less about being naturally clever, and more about having a good memory. I revised much less than most of my peers, yet still came out with very high grades. Sorry if that comes across as boastful, that wasn't my intention.
Reply 2
I never admit I revise because it makes you sound clever if you do good and you have an excuse if you do bad.
Reply 3
Original post by Tamimur
I never admit I revise because it makes you sound clever if you do good and you have an excuse if you do bad.

Is your self-esteem that fragile that you can't admit to revising? Nobody cares. Better a bangout than a liar.
It might act as an ego boost for you, but there is nothing more annoying than someone boasting about not having revised. Especially if it's a complete lie.
Reply 4
Original post by Sinnoh
Is your self-esteem that fragile that you can't admit to revising? Nobody cares. Better a bangout than a liar.
It might act as an ego boost for you, but there is nothing more annoying than someone boasting about not having revised. Especially if it's a complete lie.

You seem a little annoyed about an offhand comment. Why do you care so much if you say no-one does. Doesn't affect anyone really.
Reply 5
Original post by JJrevises
Can people be naturally clever??

That’s definitely, without the slightest doubt, impossible.
Even if you are naturally clever, if you don't know the content then it's impossible to get good grades. I've met so many students like the boy OP mentioned and they just want attention. Ignore them.
Reply 7
Great. Now the kid is a compulsive liar! Well at least (hopefully!) I can achieve 9s. Bcos basically we have these dumbass target grades and mine are low because I was a total rebel in Year 6 when we sat our SATs and didn't do very well, so that hindered, my self-confidence and then this brat made it worse.
Reply 8
Original post by Tamimur
You seem a little annoyed about an offhand comment. Why do you care so much if you say no-one does. Doesn't affect anyone really.

Nobody cares if you admit you revise, but you're just saying you lie for the sake of boosting your ego.
And as the OP is clearly showing, it pisses people off.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Sinnoh
Nobody cares if you admit you revise, but you're just saying you lie for the sake of boosting your ego.
And as the OP is clearly showing, it pisses people off.

Nothing wrong with boosting your ego

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending