GCSE English LanguageWatch
What is the best way of getting a grade 9 in AQA GCSE English Language? My teacher is quite bad so I need to basically find another way to get a good grade.
2) Annotate every text to a decent level of detail. It doesn't have to be loads but make sure you've got at least 3 structural points and 3 language points and the points on the form of the text too. If stuck, get on to spark notes, shmoop, BBC bitesize or just the Internet. Those are really good websites to start. Make mindmaps of specific ideas and quotes that would work well in an essay and stick them up around your room. Walk around and read some out every morning. This won't memorise anything but it'll keep you familiar with the texts.
3) Write as many essays as you can: past papers, look up example questions online, unseen text practice is key. Another good thing to do is find exemplar pieces of writing and try and match that structure. If you can, get someone to mark it or just at least read through - a teacher or an friend who's good at English Language, or even someone in the year above.
The beauty of English Language is that you don't need to be an genius and know everything - if you've got a solid structure, anything is possible.
4) Learn the types of non-fiction text and it's features. BBC Bitesize is great for this.
5) Look up English Language techniques on quizlet and learn those. Learn the effects too cause that will make writing a breeze.
Studying Effects of structural and language techniques on Quizlet: https://quizlet.com/gb/378206157/eff...=1jqU&i=1vspc9
Studying AQA GCSE ENGLISH LANGUAGE TECHNIQUES on Quizlet: https://quizlet.com/245443888/aqa-gc...=1jqU&i=1vspc9
6) Read the mark scheme a few times through too. Maybe even use it to mark your essays.
7) Be creative. I know a lot of people hate English and don't see the point. However, teachers go through *****y essays every year just to get people a mark, if you're creative or even slightly witty/funny, you might make a teachers day and it may earn you an extra mark🤷🏾*♀️Just remember to answer the bloody question!
I got a 9 in English Language it wasn't hard but it was time consuming.
I also apologise for any spelling mistakes.