The Student Room Group

Worried about gcses! Do i still have time??

I currently work at these grades according to my mocks(taken in march):
Maths-6
Eng lit -5
eng lang -4
Combined science higher - (6-6)

RS - 6
Compsci-3
hist-4

I need atleasts 5 4's including : maths.7 science-6-6 for a levels

I want to get atleast 6's

I have made a revison plan for the remaining 9 weeks.
It goes like this :
5weeks make notes on content
last 4 weeks all the way through exam season read notes - and do pastpapers/exam questions

With only 2.5-3.5 hours a day
is this doable?

History im pretty good. Because scored 44/52 on it (only topic i revised for it ) I just need to revise content

With these i predict id get :
english lit - 7
english lang -7
maths -8
science - (8-8)
Rs- 9 (easy subject just never revised for it in mocks)
Hist - 7 (due to low grade boundaries )
Compsci - 6 (High grade boundaries around 120/160 for a 6 )

I do find them easy to understand except some topics like chemistry

is my plan solid?
Yep, anything is possible if you put the work towards it. Last year i sat 2 gcses and in mocks I got a U and a 2 and 1 month before the exams I started to be serious and went to every intervention class, started doing homework, past papers and I went to teachers regularly and guess what, in the end I got a 7 and 8
Yes, you still have time so just make sure you fully stick to your revision plan.. Good luck!
Original post by TheLukeManster
Yep, anything is possible if you put the work towards it. Last year i sat 2 gcses and in mocks I got a U and a 2 and 1 month before the exams I started to be serious and went to every intervention class, started doing homework, past papers and I went to teachers regularly and guess what, in the end I got a 7 and 8

Thats great! I guess i have to stick to no life for 2 months but worth it instead of failing!
Original post by Bluepanda1234
Yes, you still have time so just make sure you fully stick to your revision plan.. Good luck!

Thanks for the goodluck

Quick Reply

Latest