The Student Room Group

GCSE Results Day 2023

What are the tips for gcse results day because I’m very nervous and worried because it feels like the end of the world and
Original post by Nissi_2007
What are the tips for gcse results day because I’m very nervous and worried because it feels like the end of the world and

Your results are not the end of the world, I promise...
There are always options.
You will find good A-level courses.
If you fail English and/or Maths you will have to re-sit.
Reply 2
I’m really worried about results day because I really want to go to university in America . Does GCSE grade matter ? Because I feel like I wasn't committed to studying because of my fears for the first time.
I’m really worried about results day because I really want to go to university in America . Does GCSE grade matter ? Because I feel like I wasn't committed to studying because of my fears for the first time.

It depends on the university, if it’s like an Ivy League then yeah your gcse results could be a deciding factor, but at the end of the day, your most important weighting factor will be your a level results, not gcse.
Hey
don't get too stressed out. I know its easy to say, but I have just got my A levels and I tried not to overthink it and stress myself out because at the end of the day, you have done the exams and you cant change the result so why bother getting yourself worked up.
Honestly when I got mine it just helped me see if I was making the right choice with my A levels and if you have put the work it, you dont need to worry.
also good luck ! you've got this :smile:

Good luck for GCSE results day next week :thumbsup:
Have you researched which universities (I believe it's called 'college' in the US) you'd like to study in America? :smile: it would also be worth researching entry requirements for the US colleges you're interested in as you might be required to sit the SAT/ACT which is a standardised admission test.
Reply 6
Original post by Chronoscope
Good luck for GCSE results day next week :thumbsup:
Have you researched which universities (I believe it's called 'college' in the US) you'd like to study in America? :smile: it would also be worth researching entry requirements for the US colleges you're interested in as you might be required to sit the SAT/ACT which is a standardised admission test.

Thank you !!! ❤️
Reply 7
Hey, what are other university in the USA focused mostly Alevel Results than GCSE I’m very nervous
Did the grade boundaries reduced ?
What are your tips of my journey to university in the USA in the start of sixth form ?

I'm sure you've done okay :frown: If your results don't go the way you want to, speak to the advisors at your sixth form/college/etc. about the courses you're hoping to do next year and see if you would still be allowed on them/if you have to switch courses. There is a chance that if you don't meet your entry requirements they may ask you to do extra transition work (I've heard of this happening at my school) to ensure that you're at the level needed for the courses.
If you fail English Language or Maths, then prepare for the resits in October/November - hopefully you will still have all your study material from May and June! Most sixth forms and colleges offer support classes for people resitting English and Maths so don't worry too much if you don't have material or you're worried about resitting without a tutor.
But if you've passed - well done! You should still inform the Further Education team at your college/sixth form if you've moved schools for Level 3 study as they'll probably need to confirm your place.
Either way, whether you've passed or not please, please go out and celebrate your results with your family and friends. Completing your GCSEs is a massive achievement and it is in no way easy to study and revise and sit exams for 9+ subjects in only two months. You've done it, so take a breather and remember that life does not end at GCSEs and that your future is bright and wide no matter if you got all 9s or if you failed every exam you sat.
There is always chances and hope for people who have worked hard, so good luck and well done :smile:
I believe in you!
Reply 9
Original post by Stonebrucken2007
It depends on the university, if it’s like an Ivy League then yeah your gcse results could be a deciding factor, but at the end of the day, your most important weighting factor will be your a level results, not gcse.

Which American university has the most important weighting factor for alevels than GCSE?

Quick Reply

Latest