The Student Room Group

Summer Job for Medical Student

Hi, I am a 1st year postgrad Medical Student at King's College London. (previous degree in biomed)

I would like to earn some money over summer (ideally part time) in a job in London with some relevant medical experience if possible. What sort of jobs/opportunities are possible for someone in my position? Not sure where to start!

Many thanks for your help!
As a med student, there's nothing medical clinically that you can do that would earn you money. There are other clinical roles that you could consider, like HCA / phlebotomy, but there will be some training involved for these, and being a med student won't be an equivalence that means you can bypass that training. You'd probably have to do it as agency if it were just for a few months, and again it can take a fair amount of time to get set up with an agency / do the training / do all the paperwork and clearance that's needed. Also, agency = no guarantee of work.
If you're in London clinical trials are always an option. Huge moral value as well as financial, and in London a wide variety should be available from psychology questionnaires to imaging studies to Flu Camp to proper vaccine and medical trials.
Original post by xmc2017
Hi, I am a 1st year postgrad Medical Student at King's College London. (previous degree in biomed)

I would like to earn some money over summer (ideally part time) in a job in London with some relevant medical experience if possible. What sort of jobs/opportunities are possible for someone in my position? Not sure where to start!

Many thanks for your help!

Hi @xmc2017

We have some seasonal staff positions open for our medical projects this summer (6 weeks from 14th July) which isn't clinical medical work, but may be something you want to consider.

If you would like to know more, have a look at our 'work with us' page here: https://educationprojects.co.uk/medical-projects/work-for-us/

Many thanks,
Lauren

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending