The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

What are the things I should know about Keele and university in the uk

Hey guys, I'm an American who will be attending Keele for a graduate program in the fall. I'm really excited about it but I keep reading all this lingo and various organizational stuff that I don't understand. Like freshers, I'm not sure what that even is. Anyway I was hoping maybe someone would be willing to explain the various things at University in the UK and what they mean. Are meal plans included in the housing price? What is the graduate program like, is the community very open and welcoming or more like how the American sorority and fraternity sort of divides people into social cliques? I've read there's even alcohol on campus? Can you drink in your dorms?

Thanks in advance guys!
Original post by Pragmaticus
Hey guys, I'm an American who will be attending Keele for a graduate program in the fall. I'm really excited about it but I keep reading all this lingo and various organizational stuff that I don't understand. Like freshers, I'm not sure what that even is. Anyway I was hoping maybe someone would be willing to explain the various things at University in the UK and what they mean. Are meal plans included in the housing price? What is the graduate program like, is the community very open and welcoming or more like how the American sorority and fraternity sort of divides people into social cliques? I've read there's even alcohol on campus? Can you drink in your dorms?

Thanks in advance guys!

The drinking age in the UK is 18 so yes there's drinking on campus and in accommodation. freshers is a week or two of events such as club nights that students get involved in. If its catered accommodation then yes meals are included but there are self catered accommodations where they aren't included.
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Quick Reply

Latest