The Student Room Group

Official: Keele University A100 2023 entry Applicants and Offer Holders thread

Welcome to the Keele University A100 2023 Entry Discussion.

Keele A100 2022 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7089693

For general information click: https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/underg...rses/medicine/

For entry requirements click: https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/underg...y-requirements

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.

For guidance on the R+R form, please read the document below, taken from the Keele University website:
https://www.keele.ac.uk/media/k-web/k-study/coursepages/undergraduate/R&R%20Guidance%20Notes-1.pdf
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

does anyone know the keele interview structure this year - will it be in person or online and will there be a maths test?
Original post by MedApplicantttt
does anyone know the keele interview structure this year - will it be in person or online and will there be a maths test?

You can probably find the most up-to-date info on their website, plus you can always email them to check.
Reply 3
Hi so basically i wanted to know if i have enough experience to apply for keele as they use a R+R form to select for interview. So the experiences i have are:

- science leader/assistant working with younger year after school to help them with their homework/school work. Did this during y 13 and lasted for about 6 months.

- 1 week work experience in a pharmacy working form 9-5.Had a lot of customer interactions as I was place on the till.

- am a young carer, look after my brother and dad.

- worked as a waiter in a restaurant this summer holidays worked for 5 week 9-5.Again had a lot of customer interactions i.e had to make sure the customer was happy, they didn't wait to long for food, made sure any complaints were dealt accordingly.

- was a senior prefect (y 11) at secondary school and was a sports leader in sixth form

- I am also planning on working voluntary at the local library for about a month ( 14 Sep-14 October) as it is prefect for me to work on my skills as the library hosts lots of activities for a range of age groups.

- after the 1 month in the library i am planning to apply as a health care assistant so i can use my gap year productively.
Thanks
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by bea_murray0
You can probably find the most up-to-date info on their website, plus you can always email them to check.

thanks! I've seen from last year they did online 15 minute MMI's with 3 questions each 5 mins long. So a general question for all MMI's, do you have to talk for the whole 5 minutes?
thanks! I've seen from last year they did online 15 minute MMI's with 3 questions each 5 mins long. So a general question for all MMI's, do you have to talk for the whole 5 minutes?

Generally speaking, you don't have to talk at all! But for some medical schools, multiple (related) questions will be asked at each station, so you may not have enough time rather than too much! If you do run out of things to say, it's fine, but ideally, you want to be mindful of the time so that you get all your points across in the time provided. But yes, you definitely can just sit in silence if you're done answering and have time left.
What sort of things gain points on the R+R form
Original post by francescaaaa0909
What sort of things gain points on the R+R form

Honestly we don't know exactly.
Hours do count for something, but there is a cap (160 or thereabouts I think?). In my experience of who did and didn't get interviews last year, it seems like good reflection counts for something too, and showing evidence of helping people. They do list some things they're looking for on the website, so make sure you hit all those points.
Does anyone know if keele intends to do online or in-person interviews? Also do they do a calculation station?
Does anyone know if keele intends to do online or in-person interviews? Also do they do a calculation station?

If this information is not on the website, try emailing them. No one here will know more about admissions this year than the admissions team themselves!
For the R+R form would scouts count as work experience as I was in a leadership role for years and it involved teamwork , communication, leadership and is example of where I have helped someone long term?
For the R+R form would scouts count as work experience as I was in a leadership role for years and it involved teamwork , communication, leadership and is example of where I have helped someone long term?

Should be fine if the experience was recent.

I wouldn't call it work experience (since that would be more like an observation period at a hospital and the like) but you could definitely put it as an activity!
does anyone know if the interviews are online this year and if the maths exam is still happening?
does anyone know if the interviews are online this year and if the maths exam is still happening?

I recommend emailing the admissions team.

I called admissions last week and the lady on the phone has said "it's likely it will be online" but unsure. And not too sure about the maths test. Hope this helps
I called admissions last week and the lady on the phone has said "it's likely it will be online" but unsure. And not too sure about the maths test. Hope this helps

Omg are you applying to Keele as well?! Yayy!
Original post by Idk131
Omg are you applying to Keele as well?! Yayy!

yess I am, hopefully we'll see each other there!!! :smile: where else are you applying???
yess I am, hopefully we'll see each other there!!! :smile: where else are you applying???

Yaay, also applying to Southampton, Anglia Ruskin and Leeds :smile:
Original post by Idk131
Yaay, also applying to Southampton, Anglia Ruskin and Leeds :smile:

Niceeee!! Best of luck : )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending