The Student Room Group

How ready FOR GCSE?

Personally, I believe im prepared for everything except for economics (my exam techinque is off)

What did you get in mocks? I got a mixture of 7/8, 6 in maths, 3 in economics :frown:
3 7s, 3 6s, a few 5's.

second mocks i got 6s, 7s and an 8.

going to smash all subjects except bus, dt and re.
Original post by rockyball89
Personally, I believe im prepared for everything except for economics (my exam techinque is off)

What did you get in mocks? I got a mixture of 7/8, 6 in maths, 3 in economics :frown:

When's your first exam starting? I'm doing a level
Reply 3
may but economics is in june. What did you get in GCSEs & when did you start! Also, is A levels that hard!
Original post by *Alisha*
When's your first exam starting? I'm doing a level
A 9, a couple 8s and 5 7s. Bio 6, Music and Geography 5s tho. Really gonna need to improve
Mines 13th, what about you?
may but economics is in june. What did you get in GCSEs & when did you start! Also, is A levels that hard!
Reply 6
Also, is A levels that hard!

yes.

Haha I got some **** grades at GCSE. 1A* 6Bs and a 4 (in maths). I did my GCSEs in 2017 if that's what you're asking? I started revising properly in March, but unfortunately I didn't finish revising the content for some of my subjects like Science and Geography. I was bad with time management. If you're good with keeping up with work then a levels are not too bad. People usually find the work load too much and it's true, there's a lot of work compared to a levels. I usually just use to do my homework on the day it was set so that it doesn't pile up. It's less stressful that way. If you don't get good grades at GCSE. Don't worry, GCSEs are not as important as you think they are and you could get terrible grades but still do well at A levels. I got A*AA for my mock exams despite doing really badly at GCSE. So to conclude, if you put in the hard work, you can do really well. Yes, the content is harder obviously but if you work independently and do work outside of lesson, watching videos on stuff you don't understand, asking you teacher for help etc. You will do great! Goodluck for your GCSEs
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
4 9s 3 8s 2 7s

Quick Reply

Latest