The Student Room Group

i feel so overwhelmed with bridging work

before you say anything, yes i know it's not a very good indicator of my ability to do the course if i stress over a bit of bridging work i know

but yeah like every time i look at the work i just get a mega sense of dread. i did a btec last year (dropped out due to medical reasons) and am taking A Level History, Sociology and Politics this year as well as doing an EPQ

the writing itself isn't the issue - i used to regularly write 3000-5000 word essays in my btec in under 2 weeks, but it's just cause of how absolutely dry this work is and how much more complex it is

i got 8777764 in my GCSEs and I just feel like i've become so much more dumb.

looking for any encouragement ig? i don't want to be sat here in yr13 with DEU grades :frown:
Reply 1
first thing I would say is calm down and enjoy your break. Bridging work is really not necessary and only does more harm than good. you did amazing in you GCSEs so celebrate and maybe like a week before at most look over the first topic or just an overview of your choices from the exams boards you are going to be doing. sociology in particular for the first few lessons is just GCSE , everything might look hard because you're doing later topics but even if its earlier topics wait till september when you have a teacher ready to help you understand. you seem hardworking and passionate so i promise you will do fineee.

Quick Reply

Latest