The Student Room Group

Drop out school before 18 in London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The 2 years I could of spent doing a degree in business I could of spent directly on other things to help me. And I personally know people that are successfully self employed and they never went to university.
But it shows that you aren't prepared to do anything difficult or challenging. Anyone working with you won't trust you or have any confidence in you because you will give up if you meet anything you don't want to do. It says a lot about you that you have no intention of meeting the challenge of A levels.

You also come across as very arrogant.
Unregulated Forex won’t be around for much longer. Catch ur pips now and leave, don’t look at it in the long term.
Original post by marz321
Its more like I know what I want and I'm not willing to settle for anything else

You turn 18 in March 2020 right then it’s only 16 weeks including exams having A levels keeps doors open and opens doors think about it long term in the grand scheme of things is a 16 week “delay” giving you things that you can put on a cv or web site giving you more credibility really going to affect your career negatively.
I am speaking as a slightly older secondary school student who lives outside the UK but knows a little about the UK education laws.

Are you currently doing some form of post-GCSE education?

You are not required to stay in formal education in England at your age, but are required to do one of the following until 18:
"England
You can leave school on the last Friday in June if you’ll be 16 by the end of the summer holidays.

You must then do one of the following until you’re 18:

-stay in full-time education, for example at a college
-start an apprenticeship or traineeship
-spend 20 hours or more a week working or volunteering, while in part-time education or training"

https://www.gov.uk/know-when-you-can-leave-school

Even if you are do become an entrepeneur, how do you know some form of post Year 11 qualification or a degree would not be useful, and what if in the event of unforeseen circumstances your plan does not work out or you have to change your plan?

What if you change your mind later about your career some form of sixth form qualificaton for your career? Would it be possible to switch to a more vocational sixth form qualification (if that is what you feel is right to do after discussing it with others you trust)?

Are there any jobs you would be open to considering other than being an entrepeneur?

Have you talked to anyone about your options?

Personally if I were you I would make the decision of whether or not to do (or continuing) A levels after consulting with people I trust and thinking about it very carefully.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending