The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

@username4430486

Hey I was wondering what you thought of the whole selection procedure? How difficult was it and how do you recommend prepping for it?
hi, I’m interested in applying to the 2020 program and was wondering if I needed to write a letter of motivation and upload a CV...would I be at a disadvantage if I don’t upload either of these?
Reply 42
Original post by desperateintl
hi, I’m interested in applying to the 2020 program and was wondering if I needed to write a letter of motivation and upload a CV...would I be at a disadvantage if I don’t upload either of these?

A CV is required, but a letter of motivation is not. Someone who got in last year said they didn't upload a letter of motivation, so it doesn't appear to play a crucial role. As long as you meet the basic admission requirements, it all comes down to the Selection.
Original post by qu515
A CV is required, but a letter of motivation is not. Someone who got in last year said they didn't upload a letter of motivation, so it doesn't appear to play a crucial role. As long as you meet the basic admission requirements, it all comes down to the Selection.

I see, what about a letter of recommendation?
Reply 44
Original post by desperateintl
I see, what about a letter of recommendation?

Also not required. If you really want to, you can probably upload one as an additional document, but I doubt it'll have a significant influence.
Reply 45
Hey, do you have any kind of experience with the Course descriptions checklist? The uni wants it from me and I've got no idea how to make it.
It's the descriptions for most of the courses you had the last 3 years in high school, you have to ask it from your school and then translate them in English, I think they are around 60 pages
Reply 47
Original post by roumhelen
It's the descriptions for most of the courses you had the last 3 years in high school, you have to ask it from your school and then translate them in English, I think they are around 60 pages

I've made them actually, but the office said that it's not enough. I don't know who to be more detailed when the education plan isn't more detailed.
Hello. Does anyone know how many applicants will take part in the exams?
Until now 1576
It can't be so many
Original post by lina2019
Until now 1576

It can be so many the students that will take part in the exams for medicine
Hey I have no answers to your questions but I'm also an Ontario student applying to Groningen!!
Has anyone received the test material yet?
Hello everyone! My name is Elena, and I am a 2nd Year Molecular Medicine student @ RUG. First of all, I want to wish you all the best of luck on your journey to studying Medicine in Groningen. I know how daunting the task ahead might seem which is why me and I my colleague, who is also in Molecular Medicine, have decided to offer tutoring, for a small fee to those who think they might benefit from an extra boost. If anyone is interested you can drop me a private message.
Of course if you have any questions regarding the course in general and about the Junior Scientific masterclass, I more than happy to answer. If you have any extra questions you can also email the student ambassador for Medicine, he's a great guy!
Original post by Lailaz16_
Has anyone received the test material yet?

Yeah! Like 6 days ago
How many students will take part in the exams?
Original post by Hugocunha5
Yeah! Like 6 days ago

How are you planning on studying? The material is just so much :frown:
Hello. Does anyone know How many students will take part in the exams ?
Hello!! Could last years applicant please tell us if the questions were detailed or not. How hard was tje cognitive 1 test???

Latest

Trending

Trending