The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I hope so but my chemistry paper 1 and physics paper 1 was trying to obtain the marks I have lost in biology paper 1. Got at least 20/70 max for that paper. Too much surface areas, repsiration and beta blockers.:frown: I hope I get at least an 8-8, 8-7 for my results.
Original post by Iamthatkid212
my man be out here spitting facts!!!! bruv i got that too. me and you be getting 9

Biology Paper 1: 20/70
Chemistry Paper 1: 55/70
Physics Paper 1: 42/70
Biology Paper 2: 45/70
Chemsitry Paper 2: 53/70

At the moment I am on 215 marks.
Last year an 8-7 was 232 so if I at least get 40. I probably got an 8-7
(edited 4 years ago)
It shift to the right, to produce more sulfur trioxide to counteract the change an then a new equilibrium is established
Original post by ma99ter78681
I put it shifts to the left. Am I right?
Yeah it favours the side with less molecules and sulfur trioxide has less molecules
Original post by djbello
It shift to the right, to produce more sulfur trioxide to counteract the change an then a new equilibrium is established
for the unknown dyes i said use universal indicator on a white tile and compare to the PH scale to see which colour it lines up to. Would that gain any marks? For the question that said how can you tell if there is more than one colour is it because there is more dots where each dot resembles a colour/mixture?
Unfortunately your answer for the first question is no i'm afraid.

However the second part of your answer seems right

In this question there were 2 parts.... part (a) and part (b)
Your answer seems right for part b that if there are more colours/dye/dots there's more than one so is a mixture.
I said in addition to this that if other colours were seperated at the same point then we can identify which colour's are in the dye, because they line up.

part(b) has been discussed by our fellow students above
Original post by manny on the map
for the unknown dyes i said use universal indicator on a white tile and compare to the PH scale to see which colour it lines up to. Would that gain any marks? For the question that said how can you tell if there is more than one colour is it because there is more dots where each dot resembles a colour/mixture?
I wrote something about RF values and comparing it to the databases to find out the dyes in the unkown food colour, i also said compare the spots on the unkown food colour to the known dyes
Original post by manny on the map
I said this as well
Original post by karthii_.x
I wrote something about RF values and comparing it to the databases to find out the dyes in the unkown food colour, i also said compare the spots on the unkown food colour to the known dyes
Original post by djbello
For phytomining who said:
1) grow plant on low grade copper soil, they then absorb the copper
2) harvest and burn the plant
3) combine copper Rich ash with sulfuric acid to make a leachate
4) add scrap iron to displace copper
5) use electrolysis to purify the copper
This is what I remember writing, I'm not sure if it's right though, what did anyone else put?

Pretty sure leachate is only produced through bioleaching, but im pretty sure you’ll get full marks for ur other points.
For the nitrogen oxides question i wrote that when fuels burn temperature rises and that causes oxygen in the air to react with nitrogen which forms nitrogen oxide
is that right?
This is what I put, what did you say for the two equations for combustion and why the products were different
Original post by Mina16000
For the nitrogen oxides question i wrote that when fuels burn temperature rises and that causes oxygen in the air to react with nitrogen which forms nitrogen oxide
is that right?
i just guessed that one cuz i was running out of time i talked about the oxygen cuz the first one had 13 the second one had 5
Original post by djbello
This is what I put, what did you say for the two equations for combustion and why the products were different
I talked about the first one doing complete combustion because there was enough oxygen and the second one doing incomplete combustion because the wasn't enough oxygen. Do you think this is enough to get full marks?
Original post by Mina16000
i just guessed that one cuz i was running out of time i talked about the oxygen cuz the first one had 13 the second one had 5
yeah i said similar to you except the part about electrolysis
Original post by djbello
This is what I remember writing, I'm not sure if it's right though, what did anyone else put?
Reply 393
You were exactly right
Who?
Original post by UmarT
You were exactly right
Why are you so smart?

Your answer here is basically 5/4 marks (which is impossible, but much deserved)
Original post by djbello
Thanks, I'm planning on doing chemistry for A level so I really wanted a 8 or a 9 in it, what are you targeted for science?
Original post by JennieB^2
Why are you so smart?

Your answer here is basically 5/4 marks (which is impossible, but much deserved)
My MEG grade is 5. But i get much higher in the mocks and aiming for the same grade 7 i got before

Also planning to do A-level btw
Original post by djbello
Thanks, I'm planning on doing chemistry for A level so I really wanted a 8 or a 9 in it, what are you targeted for science?
That's really good. At least it's nearly over, all that's left is physics and we are all done
Original post by JennieB^2
My MEG grade is 5. But i get much higher in the mocks and aiming for the same grade 7 i got before

Also planning to do A-level btw
I fear physics the most :/
Original post by djbello
That's really good. At least it's nearly over, all that's left is physics and we are all done

Latest

Trending

Trending