The Student Room Group

"Dear me on A-level results day..."

Scroll to see replies

Dear me,
You work so damn hard but it never seems to work out for you-ever.
So just throw out all the revision, uni is not even on the cards, so you may as well just go to sleep. (& probably never wake up)
I guess your fate is just meant to be written in this way... and theres nothing you can do to change it. So there's no point in working for it, when you know you're going to fail anyways:frown:
It seems like you don't have the right to have a goal in life.

Have fun.
Original post by angel.xo
still better than not getting in

not necessarily no, for all i know, i would've preferred the course at my insurance
Original post by HoldThisL
not necessarily no, for all i know, i would've preferred the course at my insurance

well i hate my insurance so i better get into my firm!!
and why don't you start the year again?
Original post by angel.xo
well i hate my insurance so i better get into my firm!!
and why don't you start the year again?

because that would cost me £9k in tuition and £6k in living costs, i can't switch to the course i want at my current university because i don't have the required subjects and re-applying to the course i want at a university which doesn't require specific A levels would mean significantly downgrading

and there's no guarantee i'd even like the course i want to do if i had to do it at undergraduate level
Dear me on results day,

You've worked hard enough for you with the amount of time you've had. Sometimes the situations are such that we need to try to adjust and be the queen, doesn't matter how difficult or uncomfortable everything may seem.

Besides, everything happens for a reason.

And remember, grades are NOT always everything. Yeah, it's true, you've chosen a specific path that is supposed to lead you to your dream, but it's not the case that you've known it WILL happen.

It's a dream, and dreams aren't always meant to come true. And if it doesn't come true, it means something better is waiting for you.

Never lose hope.

You can always resit, or try harder next year.

And remember, ANYTHING is possible.

Just don't breakdown forever, and keep going once you pull yourself back up after whatever happens.

Love, me.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest