The Student Room Group

for year 13s!: mocks and a level revision :)

Hello all, hope you are well and having a good day! i just wanted to know:
a) what subjects you are studying
b) when your mocks are and how you are coping
c) when you are going to start your mock revision
d) your most helpful/useful revision tips
e) when you are going to start a level revision
f) your best advice for stress management
g) and finally, your best tip for motivation/favourite motivational or uplifting quote

thanks, emmanuella :smile:
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
Hey, I am doing Maths, Chemistry and Biology, A*AA predicted but looking towards 3A*s in next mocks. I have applied for my unis already tho. Next mocks are in next 3 weeks(i think) and I am actually going to start my revision on Monday. I haven't had a good start this year because of some admissions tests I had to take for medicine but I will start intense prepping from Monday and try to get ahead on where we have got up to as well. My revision is going to be like real intense so I wouldn't have to go back to them again for final exams. Then I can focus on weaker areas.
For how to manage stress, I would just say don't stress yourself. Have enough intervals between revisions.
For Quote: This is from Albert Einstein that "Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results".He definitely recommend we try something new when whatever we are doing is not working out; Build new strategies during revisions which would help reduce stress as well. Just try to put out the real best in you and everything would most likely be to your perfection taste!
Original post by Jack39
Hey, I am doing Maths, Chemistry and Biology, A*AA predicted but looking towards 3A*s in next mocks. I have applied for my unis already tho. Next mocks are in next 3 weeks(i think) and I am actually going to start my revision on Monday. I haven't had a good start this year because of some admissions tests I had to take for medicine but I will start intense prepping from Monday and try to get ahead on where we have got up to as well. My revision is going to be like real intense so I wouldn't have to go back to them again for final exams. Then I can focus on weaker areas.
For how to manage stress, I would just say don't stress yourself. Have enough intervals between revisions.
For Quote: This is from Albert Einstein that "Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results".He definitely recommend we try something new when whatever we are doing is not working out; Build new strategies during revisions which would help reduce stress as well. Just try to put out the real best in you and everything would most likely be to your perfection taste!

hiya thanks for your response - welcome! :biggrin:
This is a cool idea!
Hey everyone, I'm studying Eduqas Spanish and English Language, and AQA English Language (I always forget my board and have to go and check my UCAS application haha, the only one I remember is my Spanish because it's a right faff to find resources :redface:)

I finished most of my mocks about a fortnight ago, but I've got an oral Spanish exam tomorrow which I think might influence my latest predicted grade? I think my next mocks are in January now, but I can't remember.
I "started" my mock revision on day 1 of Year 13 when I started to write down exam-specific notes and reduce my word count; I started to look over my notes at the start of October (i.e about a week-ish before my mocks... yikes!)
Mine is not to burn yourself out. I set myself the high target of about 3 hours a day, and it can be so easy to stress you aren't doing enough, but it tires you out and affects your workload! Instead, break down your revision into smaller chunks, take frequent breaks. Make sure you're revisiting old content frequently (at GCSE some of my classes started/finished with questions from that week, two weeks prior, a month prior, six months prior, a year, etc. - it varied) because you really can forget and not realise it!
I kind of answered e)/f) in the last bit - whoops
It's difficult to come up with a specifically motivational quote, but when I think of (positive) quotes which stick with me, the closing line of Philip Larkin's An Arundel Tomb come to mind: "What will survive of us is love." I am always attempting to make it stick like philosophy!
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello all, hope you are well and having a good day! i just wanted to know:
a) what subjects you are studying
b) when your mocks are and how you are coping
c) when you are going to start your mock revision
d) your most helpful/useful revision tips
e) when you are going to start a level revision
f) your best advice for stress management
g) and finally, your best tip for motivation/favourite motivational or uplifting quote

thanks, emmanuella :smile:

I am studying French politics and history.
My mocks are in January so am coping quite well for now, I think I will start revising next half term as I am aiming for AAA/A*A*A.
Revise little and often rather than LOADS in one go as I find that it can get overwhelming.
I think I will start/continue revision for A levels in February/March.
Good luck everyone, I have complete faith that we will all smash it! :smile:
Original post by erin11
I am studying French politics and history.
My mocks are in January so am coping quite well for now, I think I will start revising next half term as I am aiming for AAA/A*A*A.
Revise little and often rather than LOADS in one go as I find that it can get overwhelming.
I think I will start/continue revision for A levels in February/March.
Good luck everyone, I have complete faith that we will all smash it! :smile:

yes - positive energy we love that :biggrin:! fancy seeing you here haha!
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest