The Student Room Group

I'm kinda worried for what will happen after GCSEs and they haven't even started yet

so I've got the grades I've wanted so far but for my art, maths and science I'm starting to go downhill in, and they are A levels that I was considering. What should I do? I know I should be focusing on exams but I just wanna get grade 6/7 minimum to get into the sixth forms I've looked at
ugh I keep on stressing myself out for no reason, please help ?
Hi,
Do you have any idea at all why they are going down?
I can help, but I need to know what the problem is first. 😊
Don't stress out too much!
Good luck. 😄
Sadly, the nature of GCSEs means that, a lot of the time, we will feel like we've do e terribly even if they haven't. I was convinced I'd failed science, but ended up achieving higher than my predicted grades. All you can really do after exams is to congratulate yourself for having tried as hard as you possibly could have done on it, and then try to forget about it. Most sixthforms have some level of leeway in their grades, so if you don't get the grades that you want you should still talk to admissions and se whether you could still get a place.
Reply 3
okay so I missed 3 weeks of school to go abroad because of family issues, I had work with me but when I came back I realised that it wasn’t enough and the class went through many topics that weren’t covered
I’ve kinda accepted that if I don’t do well in the stuff then maybe I shouldn’t take it
thanks though :smile:

Original post by Stardom33
Hi,
Do you have any idea at all why they are going down?
I can help, but I need to know what the problem is first. 😊
Don't stress out too much!
Good luck. 😄
Reply 4
thanks for the reassurance, and I’m probably gonna go into the exams thinking that I’ve done as much as I could and have low expectations just so that I don’t dissappoint myself too much once I get those results
honestly I just need to be less negative but thanks for the help

Original post by redmeercat
Sadly, the nature of GCSEs means that, a lot of the time, we will feel like we've do e terribly even if they haven't. I was convinced I'd failed science, but ended up achieving higher than my predicted grades. All you can really do after exams is to congratulate yourself for having tried as hard as you possibly could have done on it, and then try to forget about it. Most sixthforms have some level of leeway in their grades, so if you don't get the grades that you want you should still talk to admissions and se whether you could still get a place.
at the end of the day, the thing that matters most about GCSEs is that you learn to work and learn how to disciplin yourself. You've clearly done this, so no matter what results you get, you should focus on that. It's what will make the biggest difference in your life.
thanks for the reassurance, and I’m probably gonna go into the exams thinking that I’ve done as much as I could and have low expectations just so that I don’t dissappoint myself too much once I get those results
honestly I just need to be less negative but thanks for the help

Quick Reply

Latest