The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Has anyone got an offer for politics and international relations at bristol ?

I applied in october and still haven’t heard anything!

Scroll to see replies

still on hold, applied in December
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
I’m still on hold, applied in October. I think the fact that neither of us have heard back yet is probably a good thing- I know 3 people who’ve heard back from Bristol for politics and all of them were rejections. Hopefully we made it through to the next stage
I rlly hope so, im getting really nervous at this point though as it's my first choice :/ can I ask what your predicted grades were?
Original post by mazzystar44
I’m still on hold, applied in October. I think the fact that neither of us have heard back yet is probably a good thing- I know 3 people who’ve heard back from Bristol for politics and all of them were rejections. Hopefully we made it through to the next stage
Original post by linksmells
I rlly hope so, im getting really nervous at this point though as it's my first choice :/ can I ask what your predicted grades were?

I’m predicted A*A*A* so I’m really hoping to get an offer but my GCSEs aren’t as good so I’m not sure :/
I’m predicted A*A*A + A* epq so similar boat. i’m just really scared at this point, my GCSE’s weren’t amazing either. I wish they’d communicate more

Original post by mazzystar44
I’m predicted A*A*A* so I’m really hoping to get an offer but my GCSEs aren’t as good so I’m not sure :/
Same as me. Applied in October with A*A*A and haven’t heard anything

Original post by Anonymous
I applied in october and still haven’t heard anything!
Reply 7
Got an offer for International Relations and Politics last night!!! I applied in November but was put on hold straight away!
can I ask what your predicted grades were? subjects and gcses too?
Original post by finmain
Got an offer for International Relations and Politics last night!!! I applied in November but was put on hold straight away!
Original post by finmain

This is the first time I’ve seen anyone this year actually get an offer for politics!! Well done :smile: Can I ask what your stats are?
Hi! i got an offer in feb
Yeah I also applied in early November and still haven't heard back. They've just sent me an email saying I'm on hold, then asked for a fee status questionnaire in early March, and then sent an email after I submitted that to say that I'm still on hold, then told me about a week later that I had home fees. Still haven't received an offer though. My friend who applied to the same course got rejected last week, so I'm hoping that's a good thing for me? I did well on my GCSEs and have a predicted grade of 14 for the OIB (I'm in France so I'm not too sure what that is in terms of A levels). Idk I'm hoping my friend being rejected is good news for me, but he had a higher predicted grade than I did... (not sure about his GCSEs though).
Squeaky bum time.
Could someone who's in the same situation please reply to reassure me lmao
Original post by Kailloux
Yeah I also applied in early November and still haven't heard back. They've just sent me an email saying I'm on hold, then asked for a fee status questionnaire in early March, and then sent an email after I submitted that to say that I'm still on hold, then told me about a week later that I had home fees. Still haven't received an offer though. My friend who applied to the same course got rejected last week, so I'm hoping that's a good thing for me? I did well on my GCSEs and have a predicted grade of 14 for the OIB (I'm in France so I'm not too sure what that is in terms of A levels). Idk I'm hoping my friend being rejected is good news for me, but he had a higher predicted grade than I did... (not sure about his GCSEs though).
Squeaky bum time.

hey im in the same situation, I was told I was on hold too again the other week but no news on an offer. For reference im predicted A*A*AA*, so not too sure if that's an indicator of good applicants who haven't heard or maybe that the course is just THAT competitive this year. It does seem strange tho as last years offers seem to come a lot quicker and for students with much lower grades? Im worried too but we'll see what happens, we should hear soon
Original post by Kailloux
Squeaky bum time.

also, obviously, there have been a fair few offers made but can't really tell whether or not its a case of they just haven't got to us yet etc. It is most likely that we are on a list of applicants that might be made offers when others decline their offers when firming other unis, which then would mean that there are free spaces at that point. That's most likely gonna happen over the next few weeks tho I assume (as we move into exam season). I know at UCL maybe 3 recorded offers have been posted over the 6 months which applications have been open, and they've also sent an email talking about large unexpected numbers of applicants this year for the same course. They've made the goal of April 30th for correspondence for Pol + IR and I'd imagine its similar for Bristol (but we don't know)
hey im in the same situation, I was told I was on hold too again the other week but no news on an offer. For reference im predicted A*A*AA*, so not too sure if that's an indicator of good applicants who haven't heard or maybe that the course is just THAT competitive this year. It does seem strange tho as last years offers seem to come a lot quicker and for students with much lower grades? Im worried too but we'll see what happens, we should hear soon

Yeah ngl I'm worried too. 14 in the OIB is an equivalent of AAA, and lots of other people with that predicted score/higher are getting rejected... Fingers crossed? Just have to hope that the fact we've made it this far is a good sign.
Has anyone else got offers/rejections for Politics and International Relations?
quite a few offers have gone out, and same for rejections. There are those of us who are still waiting though too
(Original post by Anonymous)Has anyone else got offers/rejections for Politics and International Relations?
also, obviously, there have been a fair few offers made but can't really tell whether or not its a case of they just haven't got to us yet etc. It is most likely that we are on a list of applicants that might be made offers when others decline their offers when firming other unis, which then would mean that there are free spaces at that point. That's most likely gonna happen over the next few weeks tho I assume (as we move into exam season). I know at UCL maybe 3 recorded offers have been posted over the 6 months which applications have been open, and they've also sent an email talking about large unexpected numbers of applicants this year for the same course. They've made the goal of April 30th for correspondence for Pol + IR and I'd imagine its similar for Bristol (but we don't know)

does this not mean anyone waiting will be rejected if all others accept their places? From the number of good applicants that have not yet heard anything, it seems likely that there is still space left because there surely there cannot be an entire course's worth of applicants with near-perfect predicted grades.
yeah maybe, its honestly hard to tell at this point as they've given us zero communication.
does this not mean anyone waiting will be rejected if all others accept their places? From the number of good applicants that have not yet heard anything, it seems likely that there is still space left because there surely there cannot be an entire course's worth of applicants with near-perfect predicted grades.
anyone heard anything more yet, still waiting here 🙄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending