The Student Room Group

Economics As: 13th May

This thread is devoted to the absolute lads at WJEC who don't even know how to compound sentences.Firstly it is a widely accepted and acknowledged fact that WJEC causes autism due to their complete and utter misunderstanding of what a well worded question is. This is the point of this thread. What was that last 10mark question? Seriously. I cannot begin to comprehend what was going through their brains when they crafted that masterpiece:
Reply 1
Can you remind me what the last question was? I think I read it wrong and now i'm kinda worrying. It was on Fiscal Policy to reduce inflation but i'm remembering "supply side" being thrown in there now or am I going crazy.
Reply 2
The last question is about whether an artificial low exchange rate done by China worsens US's trade balance.
Cemi, for your question, it's about how fiscal supply-side policy can achieve a low inflation.
The last question was Evaluate Donald Trumps claim that China's devaluation of their exchange rate is negatively affecting the US trade balance.
The one I think your on about is give an example of a fiscal supply side policy and whether it would be effective at the government's objective of low inflation
Original post by Cemi
Can you remind me what the last question was? I think I read it wrong and now i'm kinda worrying. It was on Fiscal Policy to reduce inflation but i'm remembering "supply side" being thrown in there now or am I going crazy.
Reply 4
i know right, especially the source of tax multiple choice question...... why was it so different from all the past papers :/
That paper was solid. Head's gone. All that revision for nothing.
Reply 6
Oh thanks guys guess I messed that question up then. I talked about increasing income tax to lower AD to tackle inflation but that's not supply side...
Anyone have an idea what may come up on Paper 2 now that we've had Paper 1 (which was bloody hard)?
Original post by bendobbo01
Anyone have an idea what may come up on Paper 2 now that we've had Paper 1 (which was bloody hard)?

given externalities didn't really come up in a proper long form question i would imagine market failure/ externalities will come up in some form
What do people think the grade boundaries will be, in 2017 it was 112 for an A, in 2018 it was 116. These exams seemed harder than last years exam though. I think 114 - 120 marks for an A.
Reply 10
Most people are saying they found the Unit 2 paper amazing and I thought it was pretty good too. Grade boundaries will probably be higher in that case.
Original post by Leo huseyin
What do people think the grade boundaries will be, in 2017 it was 112 for an A, in 2018 it was 116. These exams seemed harder than last years exam though. I think 114 - 120 marks for an A.
Original post by Cemi
Most people are saying they found the Unit 2 paper amazing and I thought it was pretty good too. Grade boundaries will probably be higher in that case.

Yeah I think grade boundaries will be standard as there was a bad paper and a nice one so should equal out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending