The Student Room Group

Re-take Maths GCSE Nov 2019 How is it best to study?

I took my maths GCSE in 2018, as a mature student and scrapped through with a 4. I would like to do a retake this November, as I think it would be more beneficial for me in the work place to have a higher grade.

My quandry is how to revise for the exams the second time around. The first time the teacher used Corbett maths, but I found his questions to be far to easy in the exam I took. I'm thinking Hagarty might be better.

I'm plannning to cover each subject starting with grade 3 first and work up to 9. I've also looked at classes and Skype lessons which would start in September at a local college to me.

I'd appreciate any advice on revising the second time round.

Thanks.
Reply 1
Could try
drfrostmaths.com
as well. A good breakdown of practice topics and learning resources and hard(er) questions as well. Make sure you have the book(s) for the board you're doing as well.

I'd get cracking if you want to raise yourself up to the higher grades. Make a list of all the topcs, make sure you work though them, use the last month or two for exam practice and studying the mark schemes carefully.

You'd have had to have covered much of the work before September if you want to achieve a high grade in November.

Original post by Purdy7
I took my maths GCSE in 2018, as a mature student and scrapped through with a 4. I would like to do a retake this November, as I think it would be more beneficial for me in the work place to have a higher grade.

My quandry is how to revise for the exams the second time around. The first time the teacher used Corbett maths, but I found his questions to be far to easy in the exam I took. I'm thinking Hagarty might be better.

I'm plannning to cover each subject starting with grade 3 first and work up to 9. I've also looked at classes and Skype lessons which would start in September at a local college to me.

I'd appreciate any advice on revising the second time round.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest