The Student Room Group

I wanna retake my A2 but im not sure how it would affect my uni application

Hi so i took my AS in oct nov, and now im taking my A2 in may june but i dont think ill do well, i was struggling with some mental health problems, so i wanna retake again this oct nov, since each AS and A2 program is supposed to be one year, how would this affect my application, and will my certificate display that i retook my exam? I got AAAA for AS and i dont think ill be able to do it for A2, and i do have plans to go to like top 100 universities out there so i hope someone can give me some information on this, thank u !
Reply 1
Firstly, you need to talk to your school now about potentially resitting Year 13 - will they allow you to, or are you going to have to do resits at a local college instead etc.

Most Unis will not have an issue with resits or A levels taken over 3 years - but not all, so you need to email your likely Unis now and find out what their attitude is.
Reply 2
Original post by rad476
Hi so i took my AS in oct nov, and now im taking my A2 in may june but i dont think ill do well, i was struggling with some mental health problems, so i wanna retake again this oct nov, since each AS and A2 program is supposed to be one year, how would this affect my application, and will my certificate display that i retook my exam? I got AAAA for AS and i dont think ill be able to do it for A2, and i do have plans to go to like top 100 universities out there so i hope someone can give me some information on this, thank u !

Yoy'll have to declare all grades on UCAS ... and re-enter resits as 'pending;
Reply 3
d to talk to your school now about potentially resitting Year 13 - will they allow you to, or are you going to have to do resits at a local college instead etc.

Most Unis will not have an issue with resits or A levels taken over 3 years - but not all, so you need to email your likely Unis now and find out what their attitude is.

Oh actually im not sure how the UK system works but for some reason over here the program is 1.5 years, so if i retake, ill be doing 2 years instead ( im doing CIE ) but i heard im also doing an accelerated program so im a little confused on how its gonna affect my uni application
Original post by McGinger
Firstly, you need to talk to your school now about potentially resitting Year 13 - will they allow you to, or are you going to have to do resits at a local college instead etc.

Reply 4
Original post by rad476

Heya!
I would recommend talking with your teachers as they will better advise you on this matter. I would recommend to try your best for the upcoming exams still but also let your teachers know what you've been going through and might need to retake :h:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL FPE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest