The Student Room Group

AQA Triple Physics (Higher) - 22/05/19 - Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Im think for the last question you have to assume the student know the specific latent heat so he can work out energy from that and then work our powe by plugging it into p=e/t
Original post by Jackgcsehelp
I got 0.0175 then somehow got 5.5x10'-9 or something from the shc equation.

I also got 2.5 for something,
0.000000009 for something and
0.174 for the first page question and
12.5 for a temperature and
im pretty sure for the alpha radiation i said what contamination is then linked itt o how Alpha is highly ionising and that it mutates cells causing cancerous cells
And 50HZ
And for teh 6 marker i did about layers of newspaper and stuff
But that last question wasnt even english to me like how do u go from steam to a bunsen burner.. :/
Reply 81
Original post by Hehhhhbsjakus
Talk about latent heat of vaporisation (e=mL) substitute that into p=e/t

yeeeeeeeee boiii, easy 4 marks
yeah thats right
Original post by PrayDontRevise
I got 0.016 kg but that question was seriously tough
Reply 83
im looking at the comments and everyone saying it was hard and awful but i thought it was pretty ez since it was just a matter of remembering around 12 equations which is easier than remembering all the other bs content

Original post by lolxddd123
How did that exam go?
Original post by Nissar
pfft all the bloody equations there are. Also did anyone else get 120,000 ohms for the last 5 marker on working out resistance

I did but I think it was 120
dont worry i got 7,500,000 because i did Q=I/t instead of Q=It
Original post by smeezye
ppl out here getting 120 when i got 40,000,000 :frown:
Reply 86
i like how they dished out 4 marks for remembering the equations, AND using them straight after
That is correct. Well at least, I got the same.I got 0.5036 or something like that I can't remember. Rounded it is 0.5 and you've just reminded me that I forgot to round ffs*😂😂
Original post by Jackgcsehelp
I got 0.0175 then somehow got 5.5x10'-9 or something from the shc equation.

I also got 2.5 for something,
0.000000009 for something and
0.174 for the first page question and
12.5 for a temperature and
im pretty sure for the alpha radiation i said what contamination is then linked itt o how Alpha is highly ionising and that it mutates cells causing cancerous cells
And 50HZ
And for teh 6 marker i did about layers of newspaper and stuff
But that last question wasnt even english to me like how do u go from steam to a bunsen burner.. :/

I got that for the current on P1. I got like 4 different answers for the ice cube one, but I thought 168g is quite heavy and so I went with the one nearest to the ones in the table (0.019kg). I mean they gave us latent and specific heat for SOME reason so I tried to use both...?
Reply 89
Yh I got the same answer but did you do it by doing both both the latent heat equation from which you got 0.17and then the specific heat capacity equation from which you got 0.18 and then you rounded them both up
That’s what I did but it really doesn’t sound right
Original post by meipwrk
did anyone get the mass of water? I think we were supposed to equate the specific heat capacity equation and the latent heat. I just settled with 0.2kg
I GOT THAT! Except rounded to 0.019.
Did you times the SHC by 15 and then minus it from latent heat?
Original post by Mahaismail27
For the specific heat capacity I got 0.01933....... and rounded to 0.02 since the -15 change in going to be -15 so yh the answer must them be 0.0193322314
You had to refer to specific latent heat and then use energy transferred to divide it by 5 minutes to get the power
Original post by meipwrk
the very last question was so trifling? what does mass have to do with power output?
Reply 92
Original post by lolxddd123
How did that exam go?

I think it went well. I have absolutely no idea though.
Reply 93
Original post by Nissar
pfft all the bloody equations there are. Also did anyone else get 120,000 ohms for the last 5 marker on working out resistance

I got 120 ohms
same its not 0.5
Original post by Pranay0121
i got 2.5
Original post by meipwrk
the very last question was so trifling? what does mass have to do with power output?

Power is energy transferred / time the time was 5 min so 300 sec and to find energy transferred u would use Q=ML so mass x latent heat capacity ? Not sure if I’m right
Original post by smmm180
electrical power?

nothing on gold leaf? atomic structure? matter or molecules?

eduqas had molecules and i think it was a breeze, but that’s because i literally recited daddy free science lessons
Reply 97
That was a really nice paper. For the resistance question I got 120 and for the ice cube it was 0.016kg
Original post by meipwrk
I'm pretty sure you forgot to convert milliseconds into seconds (divide by 1000)

Was wondering were the last mark came from
Reply 99
Original post by Nissar

I think I got like 120?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending