The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Kings, Durham, Exeter and Plymouth

So I’m predicted AABB at AS and want to stud y English lit..Plymouth I am safe for I think but for the other 3 especially Durham do you think these grades would be good enough as I don’t think they will???
say what now???
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
what? They’re all so competitive I doubt those grades are high enough
Original post by jainasoni4
say what now???
Durham no way at all. English is by far it's most competitive course. You'll probably be OK for Exeter and Kings
Original post by User4892
So I’m predicted AABB at AS and want to stud y English lit..Plymouth I am safe for I think but for the other 3 especially Durham do you think these grades would be good enough as I don’t think they will???
Reply 4
Ugh what AS grades do u think I d need to get into Durham for English ? I know a2 is A*AA but they haven’t specified requirements for an offer?
Original post by A Rolling Stone
Durham no way at all. English is by far it's most competitive course. You'll probably be OK for Exeter and Kings
what? They’re all so competitive I doubt those grades are high enough

Show confidence, grades give you a boost but part of getting a place is down to what you're like as a person. If not, work harder to obtain higher grades.
Reply 6
Yes I’m just so worried they’ll right me off as soon as they see the B..:frown: thank u anyway..
Original post by jainasoni4
Show confidence, grades give you a boost but part of getting a place is down to what you're like as a person. If not, work harder to obtain higher grades.
Reply 7
They will look at grades in context. If you are at a high performing school where everyone gets AA* then these grades may count against you but if you attend a low performing school then they would look on them more favourably.
Reply 8
So do you think going to a state public school would benefit me?
Original post by Muser99
They will look at grades in context. If you are at a high performing school where everyone gets AA* then these grades may count against you but if you attend a low performing school then they would look on them more favourably.
Reply 9
State or Private really doesnt matter as the context is what does the average student at a particular school achieve. So if you are getting A/B at a school where the overall average of student grades is C/D then that looks better than if the average student grade was A/B
These are just your AS grades. Just make sure your predicted grades for A2 are good and apply. Theres no harm in at least trying.

Quick Reply

Latest