The Student Room Group

I’m already thinking about retaking my exams...

This first two weeks of GCSEs have filled me with dread. I had not revised enough - no, I don’t want lecture on responsibility - and on the subjects I thought I was good at I felt I performed considerably worse at than in the mocks. Now I’m not too concerned about getting into A level courses, rather a University course which requires a suite of good GCSE results.

So, my question is, how many exams will I be able to retake, and how many might I have to pay for?
Reply 1
Original post by Astraa
This first two weeks of GCSEs have filled me with dread. I had not revised enough - no, I don’t want lecture on responsibility - and on the subjects I thought I was good at I felt I performed considerably worse at than in the mocks. Now I’m not too concerned about getting into A level courses, rather a University course which requires a suite of good GCSE results.

So, my question is, how many exams will I be able to retake, and how many might I have to pay for?

As far as I'm aware you can only retake English and Maths if you fail them (below a 4) So I assume if you're even allowed to retake the others then you'd have to pay. Just try your hardest on the rest of the exams and see what you get in August. you might do better than you thought and if you perform well in certain subjects you might even save yourself some money
Reply 2
I think i’ll pass both, but I don’t think I’ll get my desired results. So would I have to pay for them too? Ultimately, I’m prepared to pay if it brings benefit to my future.
Original post by okimhere
As far as I'm aware you can only retake English and Maths if you fail them (below a 4) So I assume if you're even allowed to retake the others then you'd have to pay. Just try your hardest on the rest of the exams and see what you get in August. you might do better than you thought and if you perform well in certain subjects you might even save yourself some money
Reply 3
If the uni needs good gcse results then just choose another uni llolol
Original post by Astraa
I think i’ll pass both, but I don’t think I’ll get my desired results. So would I have to pay for them too? Ultimately, I’m prepared to pay if it brings benefit to my future.

Quick Reply

Latest