The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Chemistry 2019 Paper 1 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

did you guys . have any questions on like autocatalysis, melting and boiling points across and down, pv=nrt ??
Reply 421
Original post by lea.sednem
did you guys . have any questions on like autocatalysis, melting and boiling points across and down, pv=nrt ??

Yeah there was a 6 marker on why water boils at a higher point than hydrogen sulphide, and a multiple choice on the Mn(II) autocatalysis
thanks do you remember what other topics were in the paper ??
Original post by Shimo
Yeah there was a 6 marker on why water boils at a higher point than hydrogen sulphide, and a multiple choice on the Mn(II) autocatalysis
Reply 423
Original post by lea.sednem
thanks do you remember what other topics were in the paper ??

There were no questions on transition metal colours, but there was a 6 marker on the difference between how colours occur during a flame test and how they occur with transition metals. I think there was something on Fe(II) catalysts but I can't remember
Should be 0.45g, many people forgot adding Na (23) in the MMr when trying to find grams
Was D; [y]^4/[x]^4
Original post by Munrhe
Amazing. Thank you. Did you remember last MS? C or D?
Is there a forum for paper 2?
Original post by TomasD
Is there a forum for paper 2?

Yeah go into the chemistry sub section and youll find a level edexcel paper 2
it wasnt as bad as paper 1 ig...

what did everyone put for why the catalyst is ineffective w impurities, i said oh because impurities bind to the surface of catalyst, by adsorption but the bonds dont break, and so impurities dont leave the catalyst by desorption, also impurities block the reactant molecules from binding on to the catalyst surface by adsorption, and so more energy required to remove the impurities, from the catalyst so it slows down the rate of a catalysed reaction

do you think this would be like a 1/3 or a 2/3 you reckon?
You are right about impurities absorbing and then not desorbing, but the reason why the catalyst is not as effective is because the effective surface area is decreased (less active sites). I'd say you would get 2 marks because you said the impurities adsorb and form strong bonds so do not undergo desorption.
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
it wasnt as bad as paper 1 ig...

what did everyone put for why the catalyst is ineffective w impurities, i said oh because impurities bind to the surface of catalyst, by adsorption but the bonds dont break, and so impurities dont leave the catalyst by desorption, also impurities block the reactant molecules from binding on to the catalyst surface by adsorption, and so more energy required to remove the impurities, from the catalyst so it slows down the rate of a catalysed reaction

do you think this would be like a 1/3 or a 2/3 you reckon?
The proportion is constant as the concentration is high? And a few equations.
Reply 431
I agree with that except that the concentration of H+ increases too, but since Kw=[H+][OH-], the concentration of OH- increases to the same number as temperature rises and neutral solutions mean that [H+]=[OH-] and hence it is neutral
Original post by byrnm051.308
I think it’s neutral because although the pH changes, the concentration of OH and H+ do not change so it is neutral
Does anyone have access to the papers from this year? I think I need reassurance before results day haha!
Original post by marniedavies03
Does anyone have access to the papers from this year? I think I need reassurance before results day haha!

I think only teachers have access to them as they don't release publically till after mocks next year
Reply 434
Is this single science or double?
Original post by BigM29
Is this single science or double?

bro this is a level chemistry lmao
Original post by prayformepls
Making This in Advance of the Exam. Any Answers you remember, or want to compare submit it below.

hello could you please send me the official markscheme if you have it with you
Reply 437
do any of you have the mark scheme for this paper please
Original post by R501
do any of you have the mark scheme for this paper please

hey do u have this paper or the markscheme?
Original post by haych0m
hey do u have this paper or the markscheme?

Hi does anyone have the edexcel chemistry AS papers 2020. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending