The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Birmingham City University vs Coventry University

I have received to offers from Birmingham City University and Coventry University, in adult nursing, but I don’t know which one to pick, I got an unconditional from BCU, which university is better?
Original post by Anonymous
I have received to offers from Birmingham City University and Coventry University, in adult nursing, but I don’t know which one to pick, I got an unconditional from BCU, which university is better?

Hi there,
Have you visited us for an open day yet? I study Adult Nursing at Coventry, so obviously I'm a bit biased, but i've really loved my time here! I qualify in February 2020, and so I'm coming towards the end of my final year now.
Open days are really your best opportunity to really get a feel for a University, and how the course might work for you. I'd say this is particularly important with Nursing, as the support system you're going to have around you for the next 3 years becomes a really big part of the degree! I've been really happy throughout my training here, and I feel like all the clinical skills they give you in university is so helpful, because you don't feel so lost when you first get out on to your placement area in year one.
If you've got any questions about nursing here, do feel free to ask!

-Josh (Social Media Team)
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Coventry University
Hi there,
Have you visited us for an open day yet? I study Adult Nursing at Coventry, so obviously I'm a bit biased, but i've really loved my time here! I qualify in February 2020, and so I'm coming towards the end of my final year now.
Open days are really your best opportunity to really get a feel for a University, and how the course might work for you. I'd say this is particularly important with Nursing, as the support system you're going to have around you for the next 3 years becomes a really big part of the degree! I've been really happy throughout my training here, and I feel like all the clinical skills they give you in university is so helpful, because you don't feel so lost when you first get out on to your placement area in year one.

Spoiler

Reply 3
Hi there,

Are their many assignments and exam that need to be completed, and with the lectures are they just slides, cause someone told me that?
Reply 4
Hi there,

I was wondering if their are many students aged 18 doing the course as I am an international student and would like to make friends with people on my course, and are their many international students doing the course?
Reply 5
Are there any international student doing the course as I am one myself and am really nervous.
Reply 6
Is the course mainly filled with mature students, cause I am 18 and would like to know if their will be any people my age doing the course that I could become friends with?
hey I'll be coming next year, we can be friends if you want to
Original post by Anonymous

Hey!

Congrats on your unconditional! I'm happy your interested in studying Adult Nursing and looking at Coventry University as an option.

Are you specifically focusing on course specifics that is what you're struggling to decide between? What is it about each othe unis are you looking for? Would you like further information involving the uni, student life, accommodation, and Coventry in general? Have you had the opportunity to look at both cities to see what you're looking for?

I hope to hear from you soon to give you some useful answers :smile:

Veronica
BSc Dietetics

Quick Reply

Latest