The Student Room Group

Which university to choose?

I received offers letters from two universities, Swansea and Coventry University for “MSc Healthcare Management.” Which university is the best?
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Dradeeba22
I received offers letters from two universities, Swansea and Coventry University for “MSc Healthcare Management.” Which university is the best?

Hello,

I'd suggest joining Coventry University, as a student attending Coventry Uni, I have found out that choosing Coventry Uni was the right choice for me as the level of education here is very high as well as having a very social environment. You can find out more about MSc Healthcare Management at Coventry Uni here: https://www.coventry.ac.uk/course-structure/pg/hls/global-health-care-management-msc/ . I hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Roshan
Coventry University Student Ambassador
Reply 2
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hello,

I'd suggest joining Coventry University, as a student attending Coventry Uni, I have found out that choosing Coventry Uni was the right choice for me as the level of education here is very high as well as having a very social environment. You can find out more about MSc Healthcare Management at Coventry Uni here: https://www.coventry.ac.uk/course-structure/pg/hls/global-health-care-management-msc/ . I hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Roshan
Coventry University Student Ambassador

Hi Roshan. Thankyou for your response.However,I have a little hard time believing if you say this just because you are a Coventry University Student Ambassador?
Reply 3

I don't think there is an objective "best" university - only the best for you.

Which course best matches your preferences for teaching and assessment? Is there a difference in the split between practical skills vs theoretical learning? Does one assess via exams, and one by coursework, or are they both similar?

Which city would you rather live in - which is closer to friends/family, and has the best amenities that suit your lifestyle and hobbies?

These are the kinds of things to think about. Try not to base it on statistics or the university's own information about employability and "outcomes". Think about actually living and studying in this place for a year and try to match the university to your life.

Hi!

Hope you're well.

I can definitely vouch for Swansea University as an excellent university with a vibrant and diverse student community and friendly atmosphere. Our website explains all about your course, future careers, and outcomes, which I am sure you will already know about if you have an offer to study with us. I have hyperlinked the website for your future reference if needed.

So, why Swansea?

1. Friendly, vibrant student community which extends through to really approachable staff also.

2. Personal Academic Mentor and Wellbeing Support: at Swansea you will be allocated a Personal Academic Mentor, who will stay with you throughout your degree and check in with you at least termly. As a student in my 7th year at Swansea now, I can say that they do truly care about you, your studies and most importantly, your wellbeing. Swansea's wellbeing structure really is excellent. They also have dedicated teams to deal with concerns in specific groups e.g., around Finance/Money, Equality, International Student Queries and so much more.

3. Location: Swansea has a stunning setting right on the edge of the Gower Peninsula, with both campuses having beach side locations and beautiful views. As a city, it has a good balance between outdoor space and night life, with something for everyone, no matter what your interests may be.

4. Societies: we have hundreds of societies to cater for all your interests, whether they are long standing interests or whether you want to try something new. From sports clubs, to the Cheese and Wine Society, to Anime, Swansea really does have everything to offer. Check out our forum post on 'Making Friends and Finding New Experiences.' Also, if we don't have a specific society, why not create it yourself and leave a legacy at Swansea?

Ultimately, the choice has to be down to you, but I can highly recommend Swansea as an amazing university, giving you the best years of your life. They must be doing something right as I am in my 7th year here, and on my 2nd degree! My final advice would be to choose the university where you can see yourself living and thriving. What city do you prefer? What do you want from a place that you live in? Most importantly, who offers the best course and where do you think you will be happiest?

I hope that we see you around campus in Swansea soon! Let us know if you have any further questions or want to hear more.

Hope Henry - Swansea Student Ambassador and Third Year Graduate Entry Medicine Student.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending