The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

City of Westminster. I would say its around 50% white British, quite alot of Asians (Indian and Chinese.)
Who cares wether a region is pretty much homogeneoulsly white? Surely that can be a good thing? There are very few people not of white, British origin in my village, and were're all quite happy; in my sixth-form there isn't a single person who isn't white. People act as if that is some signal of backwardness or cultural ******edness, but that's the way the place has been for decades, centuries, even. I, for the record think that multiculturalism, or, to a lesser extent, multi-ethnic areas aren't always such a good thing. If an area is multicultural, then the host country's culture is not as prominent as it would be if it was mono-cultural, and that, I think is a form of cultural vandalism.
Very diverse. My area is in the top 10...
140-Kettering 96.7% (white) 1.7% (Asian) 0.4% (black) 0.3% (Chinese/other)
Not really that suprised.. don't think its change that much in the last 7 years. More eastern-europeans though.
Reply 44
100% white.

I live in Antarctica.
Reply 45
My god, I didn't expect my area to be in the top 100! About 90% white apparently, which is a bit odd, given the semi-ruralness of the place... Having said that though, the school's quite diverse, so I might've guessed. But still, I expected the cities to shove us much lower. *shrug* You live and learn, I suppose.
white 97.2% asian 1.6% chinese 0.2% other 0.2%
not very diverse really!
Reply 47
11 Leicester 63.9 29.9 3.1 0.5

I heard someone at my school say we're like a pick and mix bag.
Reply 48
were I live now is 55th, but where I grew up (and what i really call home) is 7th =D
Reply 49
brightxburns
In the whole of my Year 13 (about 250 people), there are around 11 of us who aren't white. But I'm so used to it, I get a bit freaked out when I go to big cities and there are loads of people of varying ethnicities everywhere! I'm so used to being the only brown one in the room.

I beat you!

I'm one of 14 white people in my year.

:cool:
Reply 50
5th most diverse area! Woo!

To be honest...within certain parts of Harrow I'm sure there are incredibly few white people. In my little Close there are 6 houses...all of which are owned by Indians. Funny thing is when we moved in 14 years ago, there were 2 other Indian families but that was it. Now we've taken over!

We're taking over the world!
Majority are white. I remember my school was almost 98% white..and then suddenly they started bringing lots of asians in because Oftsed had complained about the lack of ethical diversity :p:
shrewsbury & atcham:
white 98.4%
s. asian 0.4%
black 0.1%
chinese and other 0.4%

not surprising
47th...Reading; 86.8% white.
Reply 54
At my sixth form everyone (out of about 250) is white... quite shocking really.
Suffolk Coastal. Very middle-class. 98.1% white.
hahah whatever london is, maybe 70% asian n black , 30%oriental and hispanic etc...see whites probably fit somewhere in the latter. :smile:
I'm actually quite surprised that there is no place in the UK with less white people than another ethnic origin...How long will it take do you think?
oh god here we go
Reply 59
20th Westminster

73.2% White
8.9% S.Asian
7.4% Black
2.2% Chinese & Other

Latest

Trending

Trending