The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
are they going to give us a periodic table?
Why would they give us a periodic table, this is physics
Reply 222
i dunno.. i thought maybe for the decay equations..??
Reply 223
Wasn't the decay stuff P1? It seems so long ago.
Reply 224
Naw, I'm sure they won't. In decay questions they just give you the mass number and atomic number of the element, and probably a alpha particle given off next to it or something ( which is 2 protons 2 neutrons, right? )

Chriz M
Wasn't the decay stuff P1? It seems so long ago.

I think it's P2 or P3. There's stuff on radioactive decay there.
Reply 225
yeah i suppose so thanks :smile:
Reply 226
Torseor
Naw, I'm sure they won't. In decay questions they just give you the mass number and atomic number of the element, and probably a alpha particle given off next to it or something ( which is 2 protons 2 neutrons, right? )

I think it's P2 or P3. There's stuff on radioactive decay there.

No, the decay was in P1b, but there was electromagnetic waves (gamma) P2. There is nothing in P3.
Reply 227
Is it enough if it says explain difference between virtual image/real image or what is a virtual/real image to simply say:
virtual cant be projected onto a screen.
real can be projected onto a screen.
?
Reply 228
Yes, but you may have to explain you get an image because light passes through to the screen.
Scal
Is it enough if it says explain difference between virtual image/real image or what is a virtual/real image to simply say:
virtual cant be projected onto a screen.
real can be projected onto a screen.
?

Yeah, thats the specifications definition.
Reply 230
Chriz M
No, the decay was in P1b, but there was electromagnetic waves (gamma) P2. There is nothing in P3.

In my revision book I'm sure that there was a little bit on alpha particles. Maybe it's part of the nuclear power reaction chamber section, but whatever
Reply 231
Torseor
In my revision book I'm sure that there was a little bit on alpha particles. Maybe it's part of the nuclear power reaction chamber section, but whatever

What d/you mean p2 with uranium 235 plutioniun 239 chain reactions?
Good luck everyone, all the best :smile:
Reply 233
kaderk
What d/you mean p2 with uranium 235 plutioniun 239 chain reactions?

im resitting P2 can you please give me a quick explanation of that ?
Yeah, good luck all! :biggrin:
yh bestest luck guys !! :smile::smile:
2 more questions!

1. why is the core made of iron? increase magnetism?
2. why is insulated wire and not insulated wire used to make the coils?

xxxxxxx Good Luck Everyone! xxx
Reply 237
I think in these AQA exams luck is important, if you remember we had no titarations in C3, so we may have an hard paper, or we may have a great paper missing all the hard bits. I don't know which one I want though!
John Locke
Yeah, thats the specifications definition.

could you say
Real- the light rays meet at a point
Virtual- the light rays only appear to meet. ? x
Reply 239
Why you all saying good luck and leaving now? :P exams not for another 2 and a half hours

Latest