The Student Room Group

Leaving A level mathematics a week before the exam.

I have been doing biology, chemistry, economics and maths at international A level and I find that the majority of my time goes towards maths. I have my P3 maths exam in less than a week but I'm thinking of not continuing maths at a level as I've already achieved the AS and I don't need it for the university courses I want to do. Is it too late to leave it now? Will I have to pay a penalty or anything like that if I drop out and don't attend the exam?
Reply 1
Original post by odina
I have been doing biology, chemistry, economics and maths at international A level and I find that the majority of my time goes towards maths. I have my P3 maths exam in less than a week but I'm thinking of not continuing maths at a level as I've already achieved the AS and I don't need it for the university courses I want to do. Is it too late to leave it now? Will I have to pay a penalty or anything like that if I drop out and don't attend the exam?

Have you applied to university? If you drop it you'll have to tell your unis and also your school may ask you to pay the exam fee for P3.
Reply 2
Original post by odina
Yes Ive already applied. Maybe I should just do the P3 exam and then drop it, so I'd have 4/6 of the qualifications I guess. I'm unsure if I'd have to tell the unis by email or if I'll have to pay a penalty to get back into UCAS and change it?

You must tell the unis if you drop it as otherwise your application is fradulent. There shouldn't be a penalty

Quick Reply

Latest