The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

haha i totally couldn't do the first page - i put angle of reflection AND that the line was a constant, not a normal. Class act me.

I was really annoyed at the 'give your opinion on space travel' question, so i said it was a waste of money and that we should be spending the billions of dollars on other things like world hunger hahaha. the examiner is going to love me.

x
Reply 321
Yep, the ultrasound one was definitely 90mm. I got the magnification to be 0.41 (I measured the object to be 3.4cm high) so it would've been 1.4/3.4 :s-smilie:
Reply 322
The angle was the angle of reflection. Plane mirrors dont refract - that happens when there is a change in medium
kanYe2ThaWest
WHAT was the question about should we explore space about ?

i mean seriously WTF ! How are we supposed to revise for that?

But overall it was average....what do you think the grade boundaries will be ?

x x x

I just made up some BS that Helium-3 is good for fusion
i got 96mm
Reply 325
MarcusLL: No, because the diagram clearly showed the ray being refracted as it went through the object. All you had to do was look at the rays :s-smilie:
danmccolm
Yep, the ultrasound one was definitely 90mm. I got the magnification to be 0.41 (I measured the object to be 3.4cm high) so it would've been 1.4/3.4 :s-smilie:
Yeah that is what I measured and the answer that I got
MarcusLL
The angle was the angle of reflection. Plane mirrors dont refract - that happens when there is a change in medium

No it did refract through the thing it didnt stay it was a mirror
Reply 328
m4n0ran
MarcusLL: No, because the diagram clearly showed the ray being refracted as it went through the object. All you had to do was look at the rays :s-smilie:

Oh yeah. I couldnt remember the exact question. Yep it was a refraction i think cos it wasnt a mirror
MarcusLL

The Q was a little weird.. I did see it through the paper. It was obviously refelction and was even labelled R :rolleyes: by it didn't look the same size as the incidence angle so I was skeptical. Still put down angle of reflection though :biggrin:
trance addict
i put its one of the fundementals of physics and we don't know much bout it at the moment

the one about how much space was explored was a stupid one as well

i put we shouldn't explore space because it is easier to argue (btw it doesn't matter which side you choose) because there are plenty of people suffering in the world and it is a much better use of our resources to help them rather than expensive space flights....not that i believe it...

piece_by_piece
I got 0.35. I thought you had to count the squares! I measured the image with a ruler and it wasn't 1.4cm so I assumed you had to use the squares?

i was confused by that too but then realised it was a scale diagram --> had to count squares
wasn't it 1.4 / 4 = 0.35?
Reply 331
Lol im getting confused now. Does nuclear fusion defo occur in stars? and elements are distributed by supernovae right:?
Reply 332
Yes.
Oh ****, yeah that would explain it. It should have said though. This diagram is to scale
Whoops, I put reflection :frown: Even the bloody question said "the refraction of light" or whatever the hell it said. Not a good start, getting the first question wrong! Hahaha. Also, for the ultrasound question, I got 90mm, but did you have to write mm or was that provided? I don't remember as I was in such shock due to it being an awful paper.
MarcusLL
Lol im getting confused now. Does nuclear fusion defo occur in stars? and elements are distributed by supernovae right:?

Well, that's the same as what I put.
MarcusLL

Yes, fusion makes the elements and the supernova distibute them through space
I put the big bang for the first one
second was something about nuclear fusion making them
third was stars exploding

im sure it said where did the elements come from/are made so i put the big bang :s-smilie: that question was very fragmented and stupid though
Reply 338
hughey
i put we shouldn't explore space because it is easier to argue (btw it doesn't matter which side you choose) because there are plenty of people suffering in the world and it is a much better use of our resources to help them rather than expensive space flights....not that i believe it...

i was confused by that too but then realised it was a scale diagram --> had to count squares
wasn't it 1.4 / 4 = 0.35?

Yep it was scaled.

btw what did you put for the question about why not all satellites periods increase as altitude increases? Did you talk about mass and speed?
Reply 339
AWWWWWWWWWWW CRAP! 0.35 = right damn i put - 0.35 cos i thought it had to get smaller, but 0.35 is smaleer :frown: damn

Latest