The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, I'm ****ting my pants about it. I need an A in French, too.
Reply 2
Ugh i know, i got that too. Plus i have history the same day :s-smilie:
I didnt do too bad one a recent esay but i agonised over it, and it definitely didnt take an hour or less :s-smilie:
ARGH. Basically.
Reply 3
i think the word limit thing is the most annoying! i find it so hard to stick to it especially in the AS reading resit i did the other week, they only let you write a max of 160 words and they expect you to include so much stuff in it

thestylishkidintheriot
Yeah, I'm ****ting my pants about it. I need an A in French, too.

lol, i cant believe "m e r d e-ing" got put into *'s by a moderator...
You guys had me panicking so much for a second, then I realised I'm not on Edexcel. :biggrin:
same here i've done nothing because I'm revising for C4, D1 and CHEM4 this thursday, so 3 days revision of the whole French language, plus I have M2 and NM on the same day to revise for in those 3 days. Utterly buggered.
Reply 6
looks like weve all done nothing then! Thats a good thing if anything cos the grade boundaries will be lower if we all do rubbish!
can they get much lower? I mean seriously it's 59/100 for an A
Reply 8
TheBhramaBull
can they get much lower? I mean seriously it's 59/100 for an A

isn't unit 6 out of 120?
.John.
lol, i cant believe "m e r d e-ing" got put into *'s by a moderator...

I know. Tres petty.
yeah but thats UMS I meant raw marks, its 96/120 UMS for an A.
Reply 11
TheBhramaBull
yeah but thats UMS I meant raw marks, its 96/120 UMS for an A.

oh right, well i suppose the 59/100 is nothing to complain about then! :biggrin:
ye I really need some past papers though, might get some when I go in for my exams on thursday, I 've never even written a timed french essay. The only French essay I wrote was for my coursework
Reply 13
Mercedes_S
Ugh i know, i got that too. Plus i have history the same day :s-smilie:
ARGH. Basically.

im same! not good.

i always mess up when it comes to the listening :s-smilie::s-smilie:
Reply 14
TheBhramaBull
ye I really need some past papers though, might get some when I go in for my exams on thursday, I 've never even written a timed french essay. The only French essay I wrote was for my coursework

http://eiewebvip.edexcel.org.uk/pastpapers/

type in ur centre number there, and, if your school is registered, you should be able to get loads of Unit 6 french papers.
One bit of advice then if you havnt written a timed french essay before is make sure you know what 250 words looks like in your handwriting, cos i think they are really strict at going over or under the limit.
thanks very much, 250 words!! That's nothing isn't it???
Reply 16
TheBhramaBull

correct! imo u cant really build up an arguement properly in that limited amount of words.
ye I mean an intro, paragraph of of arguments for whatever, paragraph of arguments against whatever, then conclusion. That's about 4 or 5 lines for each paragraph!!!

Are these easy, I haven't done one but on one hand it sounds quite easy but on the other I don't see how you can use much good French in 250 words.
Reply 18
TheBhramaBull

nope, not really, which makes it hard to cram in as much grammer and stuff as u can to get the marks
What should I concentrate on more, I know I can't make up a load of crap for my answer but will my actual French be more important?

Latest