The Student Room Group

Bristol A100 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gcsediva
Email received yesterday to have been put on hold by Bristol.

When did you have your interview ? Well done though - they did say most would get put on hold
Original post by Pulkitmal2001
Sorry if I missed this earlier but does anyone know for sure if Bristol gives out offers on a rolling basis or do we all now have to wait until March?

As the interviews continue, scores are added to an offer ranking list. The Uni will gradually lower the threshold score so some more offers will be made from that list in the NY. They are also waiting to see who goes Firm from the earlier offers and as the picture become clearer they will be making offers to ensure they meet their Firm 'target'. Its all very slow from this point, and some people will be made offers right up to the deadline in April. If you have not been rejected, you are still very much in with a chance of an offer. An offer is an offer - whenever you get it - so don't lose hope.
Has anyone else that had an interview in November not heard back yet?? :confused:
Original post by ASMU17
Do interviewers have access to our personal statements? Bristol says that PS isn't used so does that mean that it won't be used in interviews either?

Bristol interviewers do not see your PS.
My interview start time is 9:45 and it ends at 11:30. Does this count the campus tour or is it just the interview itself and if I'd like the tour, I'd have to stay longer?
Original post by roorav
My interview start time is 9:45 and it ends at 11:30. Does this count the campus tour or is it just the interview itself and if I'd like the tour, I'd have to stay longer?

I thought u need to arrive 45mins earlier for registration and briefing? So your actual interview starts at 1030?
Original post by adrianwhj
I thought u need to arrive 45mins earlier for registration and briefing? So your actual interview starts at 1030?

oh that would make sense. the interview would then last for an hour between 1030 and 1130. thanks!
Today marks 3 weeks since my Bristol interview.
Should I expect to hear back soon or do I have to wait until after the Christmas holidays?
Thanks
Original post by not_XIX_forever
Should I expect to hear back soon or do I have to wait until after the Christmas holidays?
Thanks

I had my interview on 28th November and still haven’t heard back... Doesn’t fill me with confidence that it’s approaching 5 weeks and I still haven’t heard anything! Not expecting to hear back until earliest next week though as they are closed until 3rd January
Original post by not_XIX_forever
Thanks

All Universities close completely for Christmas and NY. You will have had an email from Bristol about this.
Most Unis will be back at work on Thursday 2nd.
And btw, a 'decision' includes being put on hold, so you could be waiting for many more weeks yet.
Original post by returnmigrant
All Universities close completely for Christmas and NY. You will have had an email from Bristol about this.
Most Unis will be back at work on Thursday 2nd.
And btw, a 'decision' includes being put on hold, so you could be waiting for many more weeks yet.

Ditto this. Bristol sent out an email saying they will be closed from 24th December and reopen on 3rd January.
I have only seen offers (very few) and on hold responses (quite a few) from people so far, so I am concerned my lack of “decision” from Bristol may be because I’m in like for a rejection...
If you have not been rejected you are still in with the chance of an interview so dont give up hope just yet.
PS. If you are rejected, Bristol will always give you the opportunity to be considered for an alternative course instead - so check out their Biomed, Cellular/Molecular Medicine, Chemistry, Anatomy courses just in case.
Original post by AKJ2019
I had my interview on 28th November and still haven’t heard back... Doesn’t fill me with confidence that it’s approaching 5 weeks and I still haven’t heard anything! Not expecting to hear back until earliest next week though as they are closed until 3rd January

Can I ask how long each station is at Bristol? Also are there 7?
I am right in thinking that only one or two people on here have heard about their interviews from the December set yet am I?
Original post by DGeorge13
I am right in thinking that only one or two people on here have heard about their interviews from the December set yet am I?

I had my interview in November and haven’t heard anything back, so if you had yours in December and are still waiting I wouldn’t be too worried :smile:
Original post by AKJ2019
I had my interview in November and haven’t heard anything back, so if you had yours in December and are still waiting I wouldn’t be too worried :smile:

Not too worried as I got the Christmas email so am guessing three weeks could span to around the 12th of January or so - do you think when you hear about being put on hold etc is completely random as whilst being told you’re on hold and not hearing anything is probably the same one would constitute a response and the other wouldn’t ?
Not too worried as I got the Christmas email so am guessing three weeks could span to around the 12th of January or so - do you think when you hear about being put on hold etc is completely random as whilst being told you’re on hold and not hearing anything is probably the same one would constitute a response and the other wouldn’t ?

Personally, I don’t think it would be random. Based on what I’ve read on this thread a handful of people have received offers, quite a few on hold and no rejections. I believe the logical approach would follow the way Bristol call for interview, which is via a ranking system (UCAT for interview, interview score for offers). That would account for some early offers for people that scored particularly high in interview and then on hold would be sent out as they work down the list of interview scores until they create an interim cut-off, with all the interviews not having taken place yet, then anyone below this point would get a rejection. Obviously this is just my own guess/interpretation of how I believe the system would work, so could be wrong, but if correct it may mean that not being put on hold yet could be bad news for me.... I shall just have to wait and see now. I am hoping that I may not have heard because I’m a graduate, so technically applying with achieved grades and this may be dealt with differently. All speculation, so will just have to wait and see... Being patient and waiting is easier said than done though!
Is anyone still waiting pre-interview???
Original post by Kiwifitz
Is anyone still waiting pre-interview???

I’m waiting post interview - I think there were dates in February that hadn’t been released when I booked but I don’t know if that’s still the case - no news is good news!
Trying to work out if the three weeks to get back to us is going to have been paused over Christmas so if you were on day 10 then the 3rd of January would be day 11 - I know no news is good news but as I feel my interview wasn’t too bad I kind of want to know what’s going on as I feel like if you feel you’ve done alright you may have done really badly (my confidence from the interview gets lower every time I have any recollection of it or am reminded of it by anything)
I’m waiting post interview - I think there were dates in February that hadn’t been released when I booked but I don’t know if that’s still the case - no news is good news!
Trying to work out if the three weeks to get back to us is going to have been paused over Christmas so if you were on day 10 then the 3rd of January would be day 11 - I know no news is good news but as I feel my interview wasn’t too bad I kind of want to know what’s going on as I feel like if you feel you’ve done alright you may have done really badly (my confidence from the interview gets lower every time I have any recollection of it or am reminded of it by anything)

As you said yourself no news is good news. I'm sure you did great, it's best not to overthink it at least it's over and done with now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending