The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arubsaeed
Hi, i applied for plymouth last year with 2450, similar gcses - 2 9s 3 A*s and 3 As. I got an interview and an offer so im sure you have a good chance of receiving an interview.

Very good
Update, Plymouth have allowed deferral of offers to 2021 for external candidates who cannot be awarded grades!!!!!!
Reply 1362
Do Plymouth have places left for A100 for 2020 entry?
Original post by samvk
Do Plymouth have places left for A100 for 2020 entry?

There isn’t anyway for us to know that you could check clearing but since there is still a waiting list it seems unlikely that you’ll find out
Does anyone think that they may offer deferred entry if you miss the grades
I emailed about missed grades and this was the response:
"A number of things can happen if you do not meet the grades that our conditional offer asks for, if you drop grades considerably on results day then you will be rejected.
If your grades drop marginally say dropping from A to a B then this may not exclude you it would depend on the performance of your fellow applicants. Our Admissions Advisory Panel will meet in August to discuss all students that have not met their offers.
We are unsure if deferred offers will be made if students do not meet their offers/are retaking in September."

I also asked about DBS checks and they said this:
"You do not need to complete the DBS until your application is made U/F in August. The Self Declaration form that you have submitted covers you until a DBS has been received."

What does 'U/F' mean??
Original post by Mayomikun123
I emailed about missed grades and this was the response:
"A number of things can happen if you do not meet the grades that our conditional offer asks for, if you drop grades considerably on results day then you will be rejected.
If your grades drop marginally say dropping from A to a B then this may not exclude you it would depend on the performance of your fellow applicants. Our Admissions Advisory Panel will meet in August to discuss all students that have not met their offers.
We are unsure if deferred offers will be made if students do not meet their offers/are retaking in September."

I also asked about DBS checks and they said this:
"You do not need to complete the DBS until your application is made U/F in August. The Self Declaration form that you have submitted covers you until a DBS has been received."

What does 'U/F' mean??

Maybe unconditional firm?
Original post by Gregor99
Maybe unconditional firm?

Ohhh so basically when it is confirmed that I am definitely going there?
Original post by yumemi
How’s student life like and just living there in general?

Am an international student and always lived in a big city... quite different from Plymouth, wondering if it would suit me :smile:

Plymouth is much smaller than a big city and I quite liked that cos I felt that there was more of a community vibe! Student life is good, everything you need is within a short distance of the uni! There’s a shopping centre nearby, many grocery stores and the sea is nearby too. Decent nightlife too!
Where are you living?
Is this the thread for offer holders?

I am not applying, but someone is asking me.
Original post by Synergy_
Is this the thread for offer holders?

I am not applying, but someone is asking me.

No, this is the offer holders thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6321090
hi, i applied for a clearing place ahead of the day and got an email back saying theyd consider me for the a206 course this year even though i applied for a100? did anyone else go through something similar? ive emailed them back but no response, thinking about emailing again
Hi guys,I have a 2.2 in BSc Ecnomics and distinction in MSc Finance. AAB (Ecnomics, Geography, Maths). 10 GCSE's (A*-B).I understand I don't meet A level requirements, unsure about my degree results...but I think for graduates its only based on GAMSAT scores?Thanks :smile:
Original post by costa93
Hi guys,I have a 2.2 in BSc Ecnomics and distinction in MSc Finance. AAB (Ecnomics, Geography, Maths). 10 GCSE's (A*-B).I understand I don't meet A level requirements, unsure about my degree results...but I think for graduates its only based on GAMSAT scores?Thanks :smile:

Hi yes if its the same as last year Plymouth only look at GAMSAT score for non direct school leavers (over 2 years since finishing a levels). I got an interview and offer this year based on GAMSAT alone as I also only have a 2:2 and BCC at a level. Hope this helps
Original post by oldagemedstudent
Hi yes if its the same as last year Plymouth only look at GAMSAT score for non direct school leavers (over 2 years since finishing a levels). I got an interview and offer this year based on GAMSAT alone as I also only have a 2:2 and BCC at a level. Hope this helps

Legend! That definately helps :smile:
Original post by costa93

I dont meet A-level requirements (BBD) and don't have a degree at all and had an interview at Plymouth this year. They only look at GAMSAT for non-direct school leavers. Hope this is helpful, good luck!
Does anyone know much about PBL...
Who leads the sessions at plymouth?
Has anyone experienced it?

Latest

Trending

Trending