The Student Room Group

Sante Fe school shooting teacher's story revealed as hoax

A man who claimed to be a substitute teacher and survivor of a school shooting in Texas in 2018 never actually worked at the school, officials say.
David Briscoe told news outlets he had protected students from harm while working at Santa Fe High School, where 10 people were killed.
The Texas Tribune revealed the truth behind his false claims on Monday.
But not before CNN, Wall Street Journal and others had published his lies.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48836786
The depths people stoop to, disgraceful that he's tried to make himself out to be a hero.
Reply 2
When will they come for David Hogg?
Original post by -Eirlys-
A man who claimed to be a substitute teacher and survivor of a school shooting in Texas in 2018 never actually worked at the school, officials say.
David Briscoe told news outlets he had protected students from harm while working at Santa Fe High School, where 10 people were killed.
The Texas Tribune revealed the truth behind his false claims on Monday.
But not before CNN, Wall Street Journal and others had published his lies.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48836786

Did any of the media you support check his credentials?
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Did any of the media you support check his credentials?

I believe the BBC found his story fishy enough that the didnt use any of the information he gave them?
Original post by Napp
I believe the BBC found his story fishy enough that the didnt use any of the information he gave them?

I had never heard of him, but I suppose its not the first thing you ask when you appear onsite to get shown credentials. Lots of papers just report other papers as well. I was wondering if the OP was suggesting left leaning broadcasters were eager to report false news and Fox etc were responsible.
These things happen in live broadcasts. If people contacted them i.e the school, then am sure they would have gone back and checked. There are strange people just like those who pretended they were in the Greenfell fire.
Original post by Jebedee
When will they come for David Hogg?

Is this a reference to the crisis actor conspiracy theory, or do you just not like him?
Why is this non-story being given attention? Are we being softened up to believe the headbanger conspiradroid 'theories' about Sandy Hook? Just because some moron tries to associate himself with a tragedy doesn't mean there is any doubt about the multi-annual horror show that is the regular mass shooting event in the US.
Reply 8
I don't consider it a conspiracy theory. Quite right, I do not like him.
Original post by Jebedee
I don't consider it a conspiracy theory. Quite right, I do not like him.

You consider it to be true?
In that I don't think that David Hogg was present at the time of the shooting.
Original post by 999tigger
There are strange people just like those who pretended they were in the Greenfell fire.

Afaik they did it for financial gain.
This dude seems to have done it for Kudos.
Original post by Just my opinion

These sorts of people are not unknown, plus theres a lot of not right in the head people wandering about. I didnt find the story more than an oh, then move on sort of thing. Fame can be a bigger driver than money.
I remember watching a documentary on a woman that claimed to be a 911 twin towers survivor.
It was fascinating.
There's nowt so strange as people.
Original post by Just my opinion

He sounds similar to those cases where people falsely claim to have been in the special forces, or in combat. Some sort of desperation to be perceived as heroic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending