The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i hate integration :frown:
the only integration i can do is the substitution one so hopefullyyy that comes up!!
otherwise besides integration, evrything else is fine! differentical equations are a bit tricky but still gd :smile: xx
Reply 2
integration is not that difficult but the propotionality questions r a bit hard........sometimes vectors seems difficult but overall c4 is great to solve ...
Reply 3
guys can you pls help me in understanding differential equations!!!!!!!!! I dont understand a thing and I desperately need your guys help!!!!!
Thanks
Reply 4
guys what marks do you need to get an A grade?
Reply 5
you need 80% of an A

I'm so screwed for this exam just cannot do it and its not like i haven't done any work for it!!! i'm struggling!!!! i finally got all my grades up and this one is just going to ruin me!
Reply 6
thursday is c4 paper i m really tensed as how it will be ...i dun want to miss my A due to C4
i think core 4 is ok. just things like the differential problems that can catch out. most is ok. has anyone got the jan 08 paper and mark scheme? i need to practice these papers as i've done the others. thanks
Reply 8
i've got the paper but not the markscheme sorry
Reply 9
What do you get if you intergrate "ln2"?
Reply 10
Hey, can someone please explain to me WHY in vectors a.b = abcos(theta) ? (unless its complicated of course :wink: ). I know how to use it, but I hate just learning something and not really knowing how it works, and unfortunately I can't seem to work out why multiplying together the two vectors gets that result, am I just being thick? :s-smilie:
Reply 11
ln2 is just a constant, so when you integrate it you get xln2
Reply 12
Cunning stunt for someone - integrate Lnx, go!
Reply 13
Mithra
Cunning stunt for someone - integrate Lnx, go!

Use the rule of: uv - integrate Vdu/dx or whatever rule that is! And you have your answer:smile:
Reply 14
to integrate lnx you have to integrate lnx * 1 using the by parts formula, with u = lnx and du/dx = 1
Reply 15
someone integrate Cot ^2 2x
Not too good.

Man, i revised all of chapter 4 like a month or so ago, (differentiation), even did all of the mixed exercise questions and now i seemed to have forgotten all of it. which is really annoying, hopefully it will come back to me!

im still in the middle of revising integration, and i have no clue about vectors.

hopefully vectors don't come up (but the chance of this happening is nil!)

i haven't even started doing past papers, has anyone?
Reply 17
my entire revision IS past papers, so yeah I have :smile:
Tiger_S
How is everybody's preperation for the exam, biggest fear, biggest wish, 8 mark integration by substitution or 10 mark long binomial.

I should think im prepared, i hope so anyway, ive got History on the same day so my attention is split.

How are things set up for you?

That would be okay i think!

I hope differential equations or vectors don't come up! lol
Reply 19
edward_wells90
That would be okay i think!

I hope differential equations or vectors don't come up! lol

There is nearly always a question on/involving everything

Latest