The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

well, the title say otherwise..
Reply 21
Ok I'm an Indian so I guess my opinion would be considered neutral.

He sounds very polite & humble

When he was ten,he approached McLaren team principal, Ron Dennis at an awards ceremony and told him he would drive for McLaren one day; three years later, Hamilton was signed by McLaren and Mercedes-Benz to their Young Driver Support Programme, and ultimately, 12 years after this initial encounter, made his Formula One debut with the McLaren team.
Shows a person with dream, focus & the mindset to work hard & realize it.

He has a great attitude. He wants to win, doesnt want to settle for 2nd best. Maybe thats what is getting referred to as "ARROGANT"
DJSKYLINE
i think this is just going to get turned into a anti-hamilton thread. Or is it already?

Um.. I think that was the point of it, judging by the title.

Whenever I've seen him doing interviews and things, he seems very polite and humble, it hardly seems to have gone to his head. And if he came out saying "I doubt we're going to win, we'll probably do crap" then everyone would be like 'what the hell, he should be going out there to win'. But then when he's confident and says that he thinks he'll win, you say he's arrogant? All sportsmen/women have to believe they can win, or what's the point in them participating?

I like him. So there :p:
Reply 23
Well what a pleasant thread :rolleyes:
Why does Lewis have the pleasure of one dedicated to how much people hate him?

Personally, I prefer Heikki to Hamilton. But I'm a McLaren fan so support both.
It's not Lewis I dislike so much, more 'The Lewis Hamilton Show' that ITV has become (yawn).

I don't always agree with his comments (especially at Monaco last year and the "monkeys at the back"..) but doesn't mean I hate him or whatever.

:rolleyes:
ill kick it off then just to stir things on :wink:

Reply 25
well apart from him not being able to see red lights... anyone else notice how when he realised he wasn't going to stop he swerved into raikonnen, not kubica!

he's not a bad driver
Reply 26
DJSKYLINE

lol, thats brilliant
Reply 27
2^1/2
well apart from him not being able to see red lights... anyone else notice how when he realised he wasn't going to stop he swerved into raikonnen, not kubica!

he's not a bad driver

that's been debated in the Canada thread :smile: but yes, i noticed that
Reply 28
and talking about arrogancy ( is that word? ) there are worse than Lewis..
Reply 29
The guy is a complete prick I agree with the OP. This isn't on a I don't know him level, I used to play football with him over the park. He lived in a council house around the block from me and now he doesn't pay taxes and wears a diamond studed helmet rather than helping the next generation. Total bellend.
Reply 31
Elipsis
The guy is a complete prick I agree with the OP. This isn't on a I don't know him level, I used to play football with him over the park. He lived in a council house around the block from me and now he doesn't pay taxes and wears a diamond studed helmet rather than helping the next generation. Total bellend.

i think someone is jealous...
haha, just type in anti lewis hamilton in google and youtube and theres a load of funny things
Reply 33
.John.
i think someone is jealous...

No, i'm more than happy somebody made a success of their lives from my area. I hate anyone who owes so much to the country not giving anything back.
Reply 34
Denny Crane
Interesting. Theres so much footballers, actors, musicians or 'celebrities' who act like what you just described and the person who is the most opposite of your description, is the is the person you hate. jealous much? or maybe you're just one of them people who hate to see others succeed.

Exactly what I was thinking. :rolleyes: Well said.
Reply 35
Elipsis
No, i'm more than happy somebody made a success of their lives from my area. I hate anyone who owes so much to the country not giving anything back.

how did u find out he doesnt pay taxes anyway?
An Arrogant tool engineered by Ron Dennis, who has no backbone, character, sense of judgement etc. He is a complete puppet who posesses no free will whatsoever. He can drive, but he's not any great deal better than any other driver in the field, and needs to develop a character before I will like him, not to mention he goes on about how poor his family were and how hard his dad had to work, and now he's ****ing about with p diddly and diamond helmets, all from his tax haven home in switzerland (but its not to avoid taxes, is because of the media - yeah right!) and ITV's fawning over him has only put me off him more.
Reply 37
DJSKYLINE
haha, just type in anti lewis hamilton in google and youtube and theres a load of funny things

you're loving this, aren't you?
Reply 38
I find him arrogant. He is a good driver, granted, but the reason he did so well in his rookie year is because of the car he had. He doesn't deserve the high praise that he gets a lot of the time, he acts like a rookie by making rookie (or worse than rookie) mistakes. Parking whilst entering the pits, driving into the back of Kimi in Canada (Kimi should have sued him for whiplash...) and so on are not hallmarks of a brilliant driver who is God's gift to racing. He even said in the interview after the Kimi incident that it wasn't really his fault. That annoyed me. He's starting to believe his own rampant media hype.
I think anyone who can go into f1 as a rookie, and be as good as he is deserves to be as big-headed and arrogant as he wants. Plus, he did swerve into Raikkonen and not Kubica in the pit lane, which makes me like him even more! Hes a good, british racing driver who has his bad moments, but doesn't everybody??

Latest