W41337
Why would NH3 be of benefit to the farmer??? it's toxic :s-smilie:

Fertilizer?
Reply 41
W41337

not to plants
bongo fury
Yeah i originally doubled the no. of moles, because it seemed like 2 moles of whatever it was formed from 1 mole of limestone. But then i changed it because it was just that in the second equation eveything had been multiplied by 2

That's what i did presumably. How i didn't realise that 1 calcium atom can't produce 2 calcium atoms i don't know lol
Reply 43
W41337

Although this is biology nitrifying bacteria like nitrobacter or nitrosomonas convert into into nitrates which are taken up be the crops and used to synthesise amnio acids? SO bascially chemistry standard answer is increases crop yield?
W41337

Did anyone get that lol???

I think I put that down :s-smilie:

But it said ionic bonding.. and I'm not sure why, but I looked up Nitrogen and it was in group 5..?
Reply 45
Sky Twilight
But it said ionic bonding..

Did it? I just assumed...C and N are both non-metals so covalent :s-smilie:
Reply 46
i put carbonic acid for that question; i worked out the pH with 0.2M and it was in the range, whereas all others were out.
Reply 47
cptbigt

it was covalent i'm sure. it said draw the bonding within this ion, nothing about ionic bonding i think :s-smilie:
cptbigt

Yeh, It said ionic bonding, so I got confused :confused:
Reply 49
No it said CaCN2 was ionic in that there is ionic interaction between teh Ca2+ ion and the CN2- ion. The structure of CN2- is not ionic as it is two non-metals
Reply 50
wat did every1 put for the last question like the equations and benefits?
Did anyone get the reason y u picked a acid given from the table for a buffer solution?
Anyone know wat the answer was for tht mole fraction?
Reply 51
mc999
wat did every1 put for the last question like the equations and benefits?
Did anyone get the reason y u picked a acid given from the table for a buffer solution?
Anyone know wat the answer was for tht mole fraction?

I put methanoic acid...it had a pKa in the range of the given pH.
Pretty alrite. Probably an comfy A. Me = happy.
Reply 53
The man called Fellas
Pretty alrite. Probably an comfy A. Me = happy.

Hah lucky you. I got 60/60 for my c/w, but doubt I got much more then 10 on that exam....
Reply 54
For the last question about producing a flame, did anyone else just put a reaction with oxygen to make carbon dioxide and water, and then balance it?
Reply 55
bongo fury
For the last question about producing a flame, did anyone else just put a reaction with oxygen to make carbon dioxide and water, and then balance it?

Yeah combustion..

C2H4 + 2.5O2 -> 2CO2 + H2O
bongo fury

Yep

For the hydrolysis part, will you get a mark for putting H20 in equation. It was 4marks!
Reply 57
That's what I did but then I changed it and put the C2H4+O2 ---> C2H4O2 :s-smilie:
cptbigt
Hah lucky you. I got 60/60 for my c/w, but doubt I got much more then 10 on that exam....

Thanks. The calculations will pull me through I think. Is that possible to do so well in C/w and then so bad on the exam, or are you like my friend who panics and thinks they've done bad but still get A's all the time :wink:
Reply 59
cptbigt
Yeah combustion..

C2H4 + 2.5O2 -> 2CO2 + H2O

I don't think that's right because in the text it said oxyacetlyblahblah is formed so presumably it isn't a complete combustion reaction. I put

C2H4 + O2 ->C2H2O2

Latest

Trending

Trending