The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

2nd and 3rd year grade weighting

I am currently studying Sociology at Lincoln, and I was wondering if anyone knew what the grade weighing between 2nd and 3rd year is, whether both years are 50% each, or maybe 3rd year is counted for 100%?
Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I am currently studying Sociology at Lincoln, and I was wondering if anyone knew what the grade weighing between 2nd and 3rd year is, whether both years are 50% each, or maybe 3rd year is counted for 100%?
Thanks!

In my uni, it was a mixture depending on what would give you a higher grade. For example if you got a higher grade using 100%
of third year grades, then that was what gave you the overall. If however, second year grades gave a higher overall, then that was the grade used, but as far as I remember it was 25% of second year and 75% of third.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
My undergrad was 33% 2nd year average and the 67% 3rd year average. Each uni does it differently so you should check your course prospectus or ask the course director for a definite answer :yy:

Edit: put 2nd year average twice by mistake :colondollar:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks!

Hello,

We would recommend that you contact your School/course admin(s) about this as they will be able to clarify this against your degree. Their contact details should be listed on your Blackboard site.

I hope this helps!
Natasha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest