The Student Room Group

grade averages

Hi there,

im a 3rd year student and would like to know what is the overal average i need for this year to get a 2:1.
2nd year was worth 33% in which i got a 50% overal (8 modules at 120 credits, 15 each)

what would I need to get a 2:1? - So far I havent received my grades for first semester, as they are being marked, However with one of the modules, I feel as I didnt do too well, so lets say I got 1 of my module grades back as 50%)

Also does anyone recommend any good calculators for this stuff? I find it hard trying to use the usual ones you find, as I cant find a way to seperate modules etc.

Thank you!
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi there,

im a 3rd year student and would like to know what is the overal average i need for this year to get a 2:1.
2nd year was worth 33% in which i got a 50% overal (8 modules at 120 credits, 15 each)

what would I need to get a 2:1? - So far I havent received my grades for first semester, as they are being marked, However with one of the modules, I feel as I didnt do too well, so lets say I got 1 of my module grades back as 50%)

Also does anyone recommend any good calculators for this stuff? I find it hard trying to use the usual ones you find, as I cant find a way to seperate modules etc.

Thank you!

Hey,

I normally use ones like this: https://www.thecalculatorsite.com/education/uni-grade-calculator.php or you can set it up on excel using the different weightings which can update your overall grade as you go.

Best of luck with everything!
Natalie
Reply 2
Im still finding it hard to use those calculators, as im putting grades i assume ill get rather than getting an actual percentage of what i should be working at.

2nd year i got a 50% overal - 3rd year out of my 6 modules (all 6 being 15 credits, 1 module being a dissertation which is worth 30 credits)
I got a 50% for arguments sake in one of those modules, as i feel i didnt do good on that.

Could someone help me please calculate what i need? And what calculations i should do when receiving grades? I find the websites really confusing as like said im just putting grades i assume ill get and stuff.

Thank u :smile:
Original post by AdamY17
Im still finding it hard to use those calculators, as im putting grades i assume ill get rather than getting an actual percentage of what i should be working at.

2nd year i got a 50% overal - 3rd year out of my 6 modules (all 6 being 15 credits, 1 module being a dissertation which is worth 30 credits)
I got a 50% for arguments sake in one of those modules, as i feel i didnt do good on that.

Could someone help me please calculate what i need? And what calculations i should do when receiving grades? I find the websites really confusing as like said im just putting grades i assume ill get and stuff.

Thank u :smile:

Assuming you got exactly 50 in second year, you need 65 in third year for an average of 60.

Also assuming that you got exactly 50 in one third year module, you now need to average a shade over 67 in your remaining modules.

You also need to check your degree regulations. Most unis have methods of upgrading near misses, eg those on 58/59. These methods are often based on improvement in third year, so you might get away with less than the above.
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
Assuming you got exactly 50 in second year, you need 65 in third year for an average of 60.

Also assuming that you got exactly 50 in one third year module, you now need to average a shade over 67 in your remaining modules.

You also need to check your degree regulations. Most unis have methods of upgrading near misses, eg those on 58/59. These methods are often based on improvement in third year, so you might get away with less than the above.

Thank you so much for this! - I will check those grade regulations for sure. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending