The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath 2019/20 Freshers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Spud14
Absolutely! Do you have your accommodation yet?

I am renting a room privately, did my a-levels last year and a bit on the older side so kinda wanted to avoid student halls.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 41
Original post by tihsmai
I am renting a room privately, did my a-levels last year and a bit on the older side so kinda wanted to avoid student halls.

Ah I see, well hope you enjoy it
Original post by Naomi0121
hey,
I am going to bath and studying pharmacy. Do you already know your accommodation?

Hey! I'm also going to study pharmacy at Bath this September! 😄
Reply 43
Original post by emilyym21

Do you have your accommodation?
Original post by Spud14
Do you have your accommodation?

No not yet 😭 I'm actually an international student 😊 so I don't know if that makes a difference in allocating the accommodation 🤔. But I didn't choose any preferences
Reply 45
No not yet 😭 I'm actually an international student 😊 so I don't know if that makes a difference in allocating the accommodation 🤔. But I didn't choose any preferences

Oh right I see, is that because you couldn’t or did you not mind
Original post by Spud14
Oh right I see, is that because you couldn’t or did you not mind

Well at first I wanted to choose alcohol free and quiet options, but then I was afraid that will somehow affect my accommodation allocation... Like instead of putting me in my first choice (if all the alcohol free rooms for that option are full), they put me to my second or third choice, in actual fact the normal rooms are still available in my first option... I don't know if that made any sense 🤦🏼*♀️ but yea, so I just didn't put down any preferences. Maybe I should have though.... 😦😅😅
Reply 47
Well at first I wanted to choose alcohol free and quiet options, but then I was afraid that will somehow affect my accommodation allocation... Like instead of putting me in my first choice (if all the alcohol free rooms for that option are full), they put me to my second or third choice, in actual fact the normal rooms are still available in my first option... I don't know if that made any sense 🤦🏼*♀️ but yea, so I just didn't put down any preferences. Maybe I should have though.... 😦😅😅

I just put no alcohol, I think, I might have but quiet too, but I’ve already been given a room in Ebony Quad
Original post by Spud14
I just put no alcohol, I think, I might have but quiet too, but I’ve already been given a room in Ebony Quad

Awh man I'm kinda regretting not putting down any preferences 😭 I think maybe they could be allocating the preferences first...? Well I hope you enjoy your accommodation and your course as well! 😄
Reply 49
Awh man I'm kinda regretting not putting down any preferences 😭 I think maybe they could be allocating the preferences first...? Well I hope you enjoy your accommodation and your course as well! 😄

I hope you enjoy yours too

Yeah I think they allocated preferences first as me and @Spud14 received our accommodation offer a few days ago while people who didn't pick preferences are still waiting.
Original post by ElNiñoo
Yeah I think they allocated preferences first as me and @Spud14 received our accommodation offer a few days ago while people who didn't pick preferences are still waiting.

Ahh I see. By the way, if you don't mind me asking, you guys (@Spud14) are UK students right..? Not overseas students right? 😅
Ahh I see. By the way, if you don't mind me asking, you guys (@Spud14) are UK students right..? Not overseas students right? 😅

Yeah I'm a UK student, why?
Reply 53

Yeah I’m a UK student too
Original post by ElNiñoo
Yeah I'm a UK student, why?

Oh nahh, because me and my friend, we're both from overseas, and I just remembered that she chose preferences as well but she hasn't gotten her accommodation yet. Thanks anyway! 😄 😊
Oh nahh, because me and my friend, we're both from overseas, and I just remembered that she chose preferences as well but she hasn't gotten her accommodation yet. Thanks anyway! 😄 😊

Ah okay

I too am studying pharmacy this year 😊
I’m going to Bath to study Psychology, I also got Eastwood accomodation.
Original post by HannahT2803
I’m going to Bath to study Psychology, I also got Eastwood accomodation.

That's cool. What flat are you in? I got 24 all the way at the back of the campus it seems 😂
Original post by ElNiñoo
That's cool. What flat are you in? I got 24 all the way at the back of the campus it seems 😂

I got 41 i think😂 i’m not too sure where abouts that is. Ah well, being near the back it’ll be quieter at least :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest