The Student Room Group

Which Social Science degree has better career prospects?

What jobs can you get after you get a degree, and which one is better for making a career out of?

Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Philosophy and Criminology?
Original post by HarryOnTap
What jobs can you get after you get a degree, and which one is better for making a career out of?

Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Philosophy and Criminology?

What were your GCSE grades and your A level subjects/predictions? Which universities were you thinking of?
What do you mean
Original post by Quick-use
What were your GCSE grades and your A level subjects/predictions? Which universities were you thinking of?

A university in the top 10 preferably
Egyptology > all of the above

In all seriousness, it definitely depends on what you want to do and how you apply yourself. I'd put them all in the same tier of employability.
I meant the question as though someone may know the jobs you can get in each of these fields after graduating.
Criminology- Forensics.
Psychology- Counselling.

Etc..
Reply 6
I choose economics. How about that?
Is that not the main goal of anyone who goes to uni, their career at the end? No matter the subject of the degree.

I think out of all of those, Psychology is probably the best one career wise. I can't see Philosophy being a very good one.
Reply 8
Doesn't an economics degree yield very good job prospects? Economics is a social science.
Reply 9
It's still a social science degree. The one with the best career prospects. The stats show. End of story. You'd better include it with medicine, desntistry, veterinary science, computer science, actuarial science etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending