Which Social Science degree has better career prospects?

Watch
username4551226
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What jobs can you get after you get a degree, and which one is better for making a career out of?

Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Philosophy and Criminology?
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by HarryOnTap)
What jobs can you get after you get a degree, and which one is better for making a career out of?

Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Philosophy and Criminology?
What were your GCSE grades and your A level subjects/predictions? Which universities were you thinking of?
username4551226
Rep:
?
(Original post by ltsmith)
> social sciences
> career prospects

pick one lmaoo
What do you mean
username4551226
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quick-use)
What were your GCSE grades and your A level subjects/predictions? Which universities were you thinking of?
A university in the top 10 preferably
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Egyptology > all of the above

In all seriousness, it definitely depends on what you want to do and how you apply yourself. I'd put them all in the same tier of employability.
username4551226
Rep:
?
I meant the question as though someone may know the jobs you can get in each of these fields after graduating.
Criminology- Forensics.
Psychology- Counselling.

Etc..
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
> social sciences
> career prospects

pick one lmaoo
I choose economics. How about that?
username4551226
Rep:
?
if career prospects are your main goal from university then you're looking at the wrong type of degrees.
Is that not the main goal of anyone who goes to uni, their career at the end? No matter the subject of the degree.

I think out of all of those, Psychology is probably the best one career wise. I can't see Philosophy being a very good one.
Tolgash
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
neither are the most optimal options for job prospects. you'll be able to apply to generalist grad schemes that accept any degree but those types
if job prospects are your goals then do a degree apprenticeship or a degree like engineering, computer science, nursing, medicine, dentistry, actuarial science, accounting...
Doesn't an economics degree yield very good job prospects? Economics is a social science.
Tolgash
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm not sure about economics. the statistics say Econ grads have high starting salaries but I feel the degree focuses too much on economic theory and very little on practical skills used in industry.
It's still a social science degree. The one with the best career prospects. The stats show. End of story. You'd better include it with medicine, desntistry, veterinary science, computer science, actuarial science etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.59%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
39.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.4%

Watched Threads