The Student Room Group
Mock Trial
The University of Law
Visit website

university of law LPC - Moorgate campus or Bloomsbury?

Any present or ex-students: Would you recommend it? How is the quality of teaching/Materials?
Original post by Naf13
Any present or ex-students: Would you recommend it? How is the quality of teaching/Materials?

My daughter did her GDL at Bloomsbury, the quality of teaching and materials was ok but she did not get any careers support or help with applying for vac schemes/training contracts etc. I believe the course can be identical at both places depending on module choice, she only chose Bloomsbury because she prefers that part of London over Moorgate. Also, Moorgate apparently has a more corporate feel (with some students dressing smartly as opposed to the jeans normally worn by students at Bloomsbury) and this site is where the people who have already secured training contracts tend to go (it is where law firms more often send their trainees)
(edited 4 years ago)
Mock Trial
The University of Law
Visit website
Yes, University of Law Moorgate and BPP are the ones most often used by the big law firms in London.

But if you haven't secured a training contract and are self funding the LPC, it really doesn't matter which one you go to, it's just personal choice
Reply 3
Thank you for your prompt reply. I really do appreciate it.I’ve heard module content and exams are different at both campuses - the exams at Moorgate campus are harder as opposed to the Bloomsbury one? - could be a myth but I guess no one will ever know unless they’ve had experience at both the campuses.
Original post by Naf13
Thank you for your prompt reply. I really do appreciate it.I’ve heard module content and exams are different at both campuses - the exams at Moorgate campus are harder as opposed to the Bloomsbury one? - could be a myth but I guess no one will ever know unless they’ve had experience at both the campuses.

I believe there is some variation in module choice between Bloomsbury and Moorgate, although there will also be core modules which will be identical between centres. The exams won't be harder at Moorgate than Bloomsbury, that is just a myth I'm sure.

For the differences in module choice (electives) I would look on their website and if it's still not clear give them a call to ask. I've asked for this thread to be moved to the Uni of Law sub forum to get more replies :smile:

@The University of Law Students can you advise?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending