The Student Room Group

Hair Straightener Recommendations

Hi all,

I’m having a hair nightmare! I have thick hard to straighten hair that will not stay straight and I think my straighteners are the culprit. I’ve tried every product on my hair to the point it’s greasy. I’m looking for recommendations for a good straightener I’ve listed ones I’ve tried below.

Remington:- really good straightener however I’ve been told they are ceramic coated not pure ceramic which is why after 18 months or so they’re less effective and start causing damage £40-£60 every year for a new set has gotten expensive.

Cloud 9:- awful awful awful I sent them back. They destroyed my hair it was coming out in clumps and frying it!!! Which brings me on to....

GHD’s:- everyone is obsessed with them some say they are overrated. I’ve never owned a pair but they’ve been used on my hair at a salon. I remember my hair didn’t stay straight for more than an hour and they probably left my hair more frizzy than any other straightener. I had to redo it with my Remingtons. This happened both times GHD’s were used but they did look old and battered and apparently cloud 9 and GHD are founded by the same guy which makes me reluctant to buy a pair.

Glamoriser my current set:- they curl better than they straighten. When I use them to curl my hair I get a nice shine and really nice curls. When I use them to straighten my hair looks and feels dry and again doesn’t stay straight give it an hour I’ll have beach waves. I essentially have a curler/wave maker.

If anyone has any suggestions I’d be grateful. X
Go to a salon that does Brazilian Keratin straightening. It lasts about 3 months and means your hair looks straighter and healthier even if you just wash it, and with a quick whiz over with straighteners looks glossy and shiny smooth.
Show Charm has a strong footing among hair curler manufacturers because of its product quality and innovative technology. The hair curler features Tourmaline ceramic heating, with high sped performance.

The use of German X7 core technology ensures high-speed heating. It lets one get natural curls conveniently within a minute. The Tourmaline ceramic panel adopts an innovative Omni-directional heating technology and ensures uniform heating without damaging the hairs. It changes the protein structure of the hairs for creating beautiful curls

Quick Reply

Latest