The Student Room Group

Why is my friend like this, is this normal

So I met this girl at uni at first she was very nice to me, she never really gave compliments although I gave her many, but that was fine.

The thing is after some time I realised that she would always do this. If I straighten my hair she points to bits and says look it’s not even properly straightened look there are bits wavy. When I wore makeup from last night, she’s like I can see makeup on ur face.

Then when I showed her a pic of me she’s just like that’s so fake ur so fake that’s not how u look like. Now todaye I wore a dress and she says why are u wearing a dress now? When everyone else complimented it

I even asked her if I look better in curled or straightened hair and she was like you never straighten ur hair properly anyway it’s always bad so idk.

She always texts me when she has no friends but immediately when she has a group she ignores my messages and makes me hang by myself. She gets very angry if I don’t hang around with her when she is alone and the only thing she messages me is to meet up when she is lonely at uni.

If I do the same and ask her she gives excuses like I’m sorry I my phone was on dnd, but we all know that’s a lie because her eyesight is -8 and her whole life is based on her phone

She never talks about anything when we do hang out she just puts in her AirPods and doesn’t give a crap about what I say, she just gives me dead replies.

One time I told her I think my crush could like me because when he saw me he immediately went somewhere else looking so embarrassed and shy and she was just like ‘no, he doesn’t care, I don’t know why u think that’

She’s never given me a single compliment it’s just daily criticisms
It’s because she’s not a friend in any true sense of the word. Just someone that boosts their self esteem by negging you.

Get rid.
Reply 2
stay away from people like that
Reply 3
I'd say leave her not because of the criticism, or the way she does that, but only because she is using you. Criticism is not a bad thing. Using and treating a friend like they owe you and they are your dolls, that is what's wrong here.
Original post by Thatsha
So I met this girl at uni at first she was very nice to me, she never really gave compliments although I gave her many, but that was fine.
The thing is after some time I realised that she would always do this. If I straighten my hair she points to bits and says look it’s not even properly straightened look there are bits wavy. When I wore makeup from last night, she’s like I can see makeup on ur face.
Then when I showed her a pic of me she’s just like that’s so fake ur so fake that’s not how u look like. Now todaye I wore a dress and she says why are u wearing a dress now? When everyone else complimented it
I even asked her if I look better in curled or straightened hair and she was like you never straighten ur hair properly anyway it’s always bad so idk.
She always texts me when she has no friends but immediately when she has a group she ignores my messages and makes me hang by myself. She gets very angry if I don’t hang around with her when she is alone and the only thing she messages me is to meet up when she is lonely at uni.
If I do the same and ask her she gives excuses like I’m sorry I my phone was on dnd, but we all know that’s a lie because her eyesight is -8 and her whole life is based on her phone
She never talks about anything when we do hang out she just puts in her AirPods and doesn’t give a crap about what I say, she just gives me dead replies.
One time I told her I think my crush could like me because when he saw me he immediately went somewhere else looking so embarrassed and shy and she was just like ‘no, he doesn’t care, I don’t know why u think that’

I wouldn't even regard this person as a friend, that's just a label used as an excuse for her to be mean to you. It's okay to be honest about things, but she is being really rude and negative about everything that you do. It's also the fact that she leaves you when there are other people around, sorry but she's just using you because she think's you're always available for her and it's not worth having someone like that in your life - start distancing yourself and cut her off. This isn't normal nor a friendship, I hope you meet better people tbh
Original post by Thatsha

She isn't a friend trust me I've had them before she just wants to bring you down and when she does she feels accomplished

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending